ddmarsh Guest

Default What is the deal with Synergy fabric for P3?

I am interested in this, particularly b/c of its new low price but Marilyn at arunningstroller says that it has been reduced b/c of dislike of the "scratchy" fabric. Does anyone have it and like it or has everyone had a bad experience with it?

TIA

marybliss Guest

Default RE: What is the deal with Synergy fabric for P3?

I noticed the Synergy is kinda scratchy too... I mean, it's not sand paper... but it's also not very soft. The "accent" fabrics on the Synergy are very soft... but I noticed - like on the Aria - that most of the stroller was covered with the "scratchy" stuff.

Mary

Are you sure she's not talking about the Sportivo in Synergy? Because the Classico Synergy is super soft. Marilyn's the one that sold me on it because of the materia. Mine is not scratchy at all and I love it.

michlee Guest

I also have the Synergy and agree, it isn't scratchy at all. In fact, it is one of the softest fabrics out there. I'd double check with her. She must be talking about the Sportivo.

-Michelle

Vajrastorm Guest

I too have the classico and it is yummy soft.

cvharris Guest

I have a P3 Synergy Sportivo. I had been using the PP infant car seat snapped into the stroller, so never experienced the fabric on the stroller much until now, when we've moved DS to the Britax seat. The PP infant car seat has mostly buttery fabric, except for the part near the head.

I think the non-buttery fabric on the stroller and car seat is scratchy. I don't have a problem so much with the mesh on the Sportivo, the fabric I am referring to is black with white threaded raised 'dots' that are not smooth to the touch. If I run my hand over it, it is scratchy. So, I called Peg and asked about switching my upholstery to the Synergy Classico, which I assumed only had the buttery smooth fabric. HOWEVER, after much debate, I found out that this black/white raised fabric is also on the P3 Synergy Classico...there is just not as much of it as the Sportivo and it is on the very top near the head and the very bottom near the feet. The customer service rep had the two strollers sitting in front of her and had me study pictures on the website. The Sportivo just has the additional mesh and the same fabrics that are arranged differently...but the kind of fabrics are the same on both the Classico and Sportivo besides the mesh, in different quantities.

She examined all the fabric options for the P3 and came up with the conclusion that the ONLY fabric that was entirely buttery smooth throughout was the Black Sable Classico. The others have the 'fashion' fabrics with raised threaded designs in some places and the Sportivo models have mesh. Hope this helps.

Hope this helps!

Bsuperbmom Guest

Okay maybe my hands are chapped to nerve-less mitts after cleaning up after 3 kids for 8 1/4 years but I don't find our P3 Sportivo in Synergy scratchy.

In fact my 2yr old like the mesh..she pokes her fingers into the holes and rubs it. The mesh is softer than the almost denimish looking-tho really-more-nylony material that is on the sides. The buttery soft stuff is really only for the accents and on the hood.(I kinda wish the darker stuff was on the whole hood)I also saw the Metallica Sportivo and did not think it was too rough as has been suggested. I think the Sportivo is darker but more deep than it seems to photgraph. In most pix it looks very pale.

I would also say the seat is overall very well padded.

This for some reason is one of those big stroller issues that the P3 can't seem to shake. I think the MB fabrics are iffy...like an "entry-level" backpack, nothing like the nice BJ more canvas-y fabric but I never see that written about that so it's just more evidence that there is NO perfect stroller!

Lisa

I have the atlantico in synergy a sportivo model, i too do not find the fabric to be rough in the mesh parts it's actually pretty puffy in those parts.

Yet i don't mind my MB fabric either, and i do own a baby jogger ;)

Really i do think it all falls down to personal choice, we all have things we are not that fond of touch wise IYKWIM?

:)
    http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3