Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    jojo2324 Guest

Default RE:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I cannot wait! I NEEEEEED to know! :)

Though I should probably just get out now, while the going's good and DH still is talking to me...He actually wanted me to type up and SIGN a contract, forbidding any more stroller purchases. Can you believe the nerve? I said I would, but I never got around to it, silly, forgetful me...}(

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE:

OMG, Joanne, dh has asked me to sign a similar contract! I said I did not want to lock myself in to anything like that, what with new models coming out and all - LOL!!! I don't see what the big deal is as long as I sell off the other strollers first. He said no more, we are done. Well, maybe he is done, but me, well...
    -Lauren

Bsuperbmom Guest

Default Thank You!

for all your advocacy and and hard work-Sounds great! I am delighted to hear about the Peg footboards! No more Chicco2002s wonder what the TS will be like? The Chicco2003/Duo? there has been something like that in the UK for awhile I think.

Yourcomment about the Inglesina reps put a stab in my heart for my Cross of yore..I loved it.

I have my theories... but do you no why the cupholder is so strange to Europeans for sure?

hardysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Thank You!

My German friends make fun of Americans with stroller cup-holders for the same reason as they think drive-up restaurants are wierd.

Our grab-and-go culture is just very different... My German SIL takes her son to cafes frequently to get a cup of coffe or a treat, but it would NEVER occur to her to order something to go and to walk down the street with her drink in a paper cup. She is blown away with how many Americans eat meals in their cars, etc...

Once when visiting, I asked her mother if I could take a cup of coffee of the house in a travel mug I brought on the plane. You would have thought I asked if I could go sight-seeing in my underwear. She was horrified.

Though many younger Europeans are catching up to our hurried lifestyle, I think the Italians, in particular, have a very stop-and-smell the roses cultural bent. Our drive to multi-task is not always seen as positive.

Stephanie

Bsuperbmom Guest

yes- I thought it was this, but not having ever asked someone from Europe I didn't want to assume.

Thank You!

lukkykatt Guest

Default RE:

You go, Strollerqueen! I am so happy that you got to do this - I was thinking about you all weekend. So, were the stroller honchos quaking when they saw you coming?

When you talked to Chicco, did they mention their CS at all? It is so hard to get through to them!

britchick Guest

Default RE

Hey there,i am so glad you got to have fun.I would have had a heart attack being around all the cool new "toys"!!.Is any company planning on marketing accesories here like they have in Europe(cosytoes etc)Cant wait to see if they do.And now i have a new baby,what better excuse to get a new stroller-lol.Did you see any new mac doubles?Cant wait to read your next installment.Glad to have you back-Rachel

Default "Adventures in Strollerland, Dazed and Bedazzled in Las Vegas", Pt.2,

"Shining Stars"

As many of you Loyal Subjects know, Strollerqueen has a bad habit of chasing down moms who are pushing groovy strollers. (She has now tried to always carry her Strollerprince or Princess when doing so, to alleviate suspicions of child-napping.)

But this is how it all began:

When the Strollerprincess was still a wee babe, I was driving down the street one day, and spied the most awesomely beautiful stroller ever. The design! The lines! The curves, the shape the style!

At first, I slowed down to get a better look, but the woman was walking rapidly. So I began "curb crawling", basically driving slowly alongside her, staring and staring. She started walking even faster, and her breathing was increasing as well. Finally I realized I was causing her way too much unneccesary anxiety, and screeched on the brakes. Stopped cold dead in the middle of the street, and flew out the door! (I did put the emergency blinkers on, though. Heck, if checking out a stroller like THAT isn't an emergency, what IS?)

Unfortunately, she spoke little English, and I speak NO French. But I did manage to convince her that I was only after her stroller, and not her baby. I also managed to get a name out of her--"BebeConfort."

I rushed home to tell my DH all about it. (TO give you an idea of just how long ago that was, he was still excited to hear about strollers, LOL!) Then I typed in the way I thought it would be spelled, and "Sacre Bleu!" (Sorry, I told you I couldn't speak French.) I found it!

Ever since then, I have perused their website often, longing for a stroller that was so far away. They are expensive to begin with, shipping would be astronomical, and language was a huge barrier. So I could only long and dream, until now.....

DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH!!!!!!!

"ADVENTURES IN STROLLERLAND, DAZED AND BEDAZZLED IN LAS VEGAS", Chapter 13, Part 2, "Shining Stars",

Is Pleased to be the first to Announce--

BEBECONFORTS WILL NOW BE SOLD IN THE U.S.!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

And this new and improved line merits my Strollerqueen Award # 5. *"The most Astonishing"*!!!!

Gotta' hand it to the French! If God is in the details, then he must be a Frog! LOL

These could be, could be, the strollers you have dreamed of in your wildest dreams. They have features you never even KNEW you needed, for example, a built in BRUSH to wipe of any bits of debris that may try and attack your beautiful stroller! A button strategically placed ON THE HANDLE, that fixes or locks the wheels. Can you BELIEVE it? No more need to bend down.

All of their French-made models feature their Modulo Clip system, which allows you to strap in the seat, bassinette, or car seat of your choice. The "Loola" is an free-standing umbrella stroller with a compact fold that, get THIS--allows you to FACE your baby! It has twisty handles, ala the Chicco 2002, that are also height adjustable.

Every model they showed me just got better and better. I was clapping my hands and jumping up and down and yelling so loud that everyone around stopped talking, and came running to see what all the commotion was about!

Then there is the ELite chassis, a chrome frame and chrome-spoked wheels with this art deco swoopy retro feel. This, along with their "Trophy" models, HAS A REAR FOOTBOARD FOR AN OLDER CHILD TO STAND ON! YES, YES! The footboard actually had two tiny little feet on it! God is in the details. The Trophy has bigger swivel A/T tires, then the Trophy Air 6 has bigger wheels still. Height adjustable handles and this extremely cool adjustable suspension. It's a side knob that SAYS "1, 2, 4." Huge, totally accessible basket when the seat is fully reclined. How much easier can you get?

You can choose your colors and accessories, and the fabrics are JUST GORGEOUS! Even their entry-level Asian made model was just delightful. It looks kind of like an Aria, but had this reveloutionary twisty softgrip handle that actually makes it fold umbrella style! It has a central brake, rear suspension, is called the "Allegro". WHEW! How much better can life get???

The US distribution has come about due to the purchase of the company by Cosco/Dorel. They also purchased the groovy "Quinny", all of which are now made in Asia. The 3-wheeled Quinnys are available now. Unfortunately, it may be June before the BebeConforts are released.

And speaking of Asia, this one will knock your socks off. Or thongs, which was what I was wearing. Hey, the floor was concrete, and there was a LOT of walking to do!

The Strollerqueen award #6, for *"The Most Dramatically Improved Line"*, goes to Zooper! Phil, the president, said he had to take a deep breath and a leap of faith to do this-- HE REVAMPED THE ENTIRE LINE!!!!!!

And personally, I'm glad he did! It is BEAUTIFUL. First, the fabrics. They are divided into two categories--WInter and Summer. OK, this is my line, not his. But that's how I see it. The Summer line has this cute, crinkly, tie-dyed affect, in colors of tangerine, blue, and red.
    The Winter line is this awesome, buttery soft, suede like fabric, in two tone colors. One is black and cream, one is dark blue and yellow, and one is teal and grey.

Now, onto the models. Gone are the Walk Air, SPort, heavy double, and ALL fixed wheel models. ALL GONE! But their replacements are SO much better. They have 3, yes THREE swivel wheel joggers, one of which weighs only 19 pounds--the "Jazz." The Jazz has Eva, no-pop tires, are you listening, Ms. Too Many THorns Julie??

The EZ and Z St. now have these super soft finger grip foam handles. They now have an entry level 14 pounder that also looks like an Aria, the "Waltz". AND, there is, what you've all been waiting for....

A NEW, LIGHTWEIGHT DOUBLE! The "Tango" closely resembles the Aria Twin as well. But it does have more of a recline. It's a little on the wide side. Around 23 pounds. Raincover, bug net, and full boot comes with. Tango, Waltz, and Jazz are in the summer fabrics.

The EZ, Z St., Kroozer, and Buddy are in the winter fabrics. The Buddy still has the reversible seat, plus all accessories. The Kroozer has this incredible SUSPENSION on the seat. I mean, this sucker BOUNCES! You can also use the frame as a Snap-n-go for car seats. Phil says they sshould be available in January. I predict this line will be a HUGE hit!

Back to a Country of Origin--the Bebecar. This is SUCH a beautiful, hip, edgy line. Loved their "City Tracker." Huge, accessible basket, gorgeous fabric, and smaller wheels than her big brothers. So overlooked, and still only distributed in Canada. They were showing a prototype of the new model that is replacing the Unibig--the "X-Fold."

On to my favorite jogger--the Kool Stride. It now has this really "Kool" quick fold, no pins. I asked about the toddler add-on seat, the UGot2. The avuncular owner says, "Well, there's this real nice lady in Santa Monica, California, who wrote a real nice review on it. Let me see if I can find a copy..." "Um, no need,", I tell him, "I wrote it!" I said, "Why don't you design an add-on seat for your new model?" "OK, we will", he says.

Finally, no chapter on "Shining Stars" would be complete without mentioning our good old pal, the "Mountain Buggy". Hard to improve on perfection, but they did! Their new colors are orange (just darling!), Chocolate, (Good choice, Tam!) and Silver.

And--duh duh duh! What you've been waiting to hear--A new, lightweight MB! It is a re-engineered "Breeze". Basically a smaller, more compact Terrain. It now has a height adjustable handle, 10" fixed air tires, and weighs 14 pounds. SO CUTE! It holds an approved weight of 85 pounds.

But don't let that size fool you. The final sight of the Expo is indelibly etched in my mind. Alan, the US distributor, was running at break-neck speed down the aisles, pushing the Breeze, maniacally laughing. His passenger was a fully groomed, fully coiffed, fully suited, fully grown woman! Gene, the Kool Stride guy, is taking it all in. He turns slowly to me and says, in a Walter Cronkite drawl, "I've done that before, too." OK, maybe you had to be there.

Up next! Who tanked? WHo did nothing? IS anyone else remaining in their country of origin--or have the rest gone to Asia?

Read all about it in "Adventures in Strollerland; Dazed and Bedazzled in Las Vegas!

You are so welcome! And thank you ALL for all of your questions! I felt like you were all there right with me! I tried to be your eyes and ears, and tried to find out what you wanted to know. I have much more to tell, so keep on reading....

shevam Guest

Default RE: You are awesome!

Janet I just want to say that you are the absolute best! As always you give us all the information we want to know about, and have us falling on our faces with laughter! It doesn't get much better! SOOOOOOOOOOOO Excited to keeping reading about your adventure! Wish I had been there! Hmmmmm maybe next year?

So when is this new MB going to be released? Should we be getting this as our keep in the car every day all terrain for errands and everything else? If so when is it coming out and would you recommend waiting for it? My baby is almost out of his snap and go. I was thinking of getting a Savvy Z until I figured out what I really want as my every day keep in the car stroller. ( I have an Instep Safari and Inglesina Emma for my not so everyday)

Once again, thank you so much for all of your effort! I know you enjoy doing it, but you really are appreciated!!

Thanks again!
    Sheva

Edited to add:
    P.S. Would you mind posting your website again? Can't find it on the boards now. Thanks!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast