Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Zippy 2004 or Z street???? Camden a little disappointing...

Went to look at the Camdens and liked a lot about them but disliked other things. Liked: single bar handle, easy rear recline mechanism, large wheels, basket. Disliked: no legrest, hood must always be attached in back, wheels seem like they should have more treads or some texture for traction/wear.

I am now considering a Zippy or Z-street. I had previously rejected them because I don't really like 2 handle strollers. But, since you can't get everything you want in one stroller, I am reconsidering.

Questions:

On either of these (Zippy or Z-street), can you pull the hood forward so that the back comes up to let air in (like the hood on a snugride, for example) or is the back always attached?

I know the z-street has a 2-handed front recline mechanism that is not too smoothe. How does the Zippy recline? Can it be done while a baby is sleeping wihtout waking him?

For those who are actually using the 2004 Zippy, is the canopy really bigger and better? Doe sit really reach all the way to the napper bar?

Z-Street canopy is not that great, right?

Other than the umbrella fold capability, what are the benefits of the 2 handles?

Thanks!

ghs517 Guest

Default RE: Zippy 2004 or Z street???? Camden a little disappointing...

I have a z-Street, and so I can answer some of the questions you posed.

The back portion of the z-Street canopy (the part which connects to the back recline) is snapped on, and so I guess you could unsnap some parts to allow air in the back (not something I've tried in the winter, but it could be done). Yes, the back rest requires a two-handed recline, but I find it to be a quick motion. I've not reclined it while DD is in the stroller, but it could be done. There would be a slight jolt, but it depends on how sensitive your child is as to whether that would really bother him/her.

Yes, the canopy is skimpy. I may get a Pepeny shade for summer. For now, though, DD is still in her Snugride most of the time. If it's really sunny, I use the Snugride shade and the Zoooper shade, and they meet and cover most everything. The Zooper does come with a full mosquito net/sunshade that gets snapped on the front, as well as a nice boot and a rain cover.

I've been *Very* happy with the Zooper purchase. Mall shopping is easy, too. Some things fit in the basket, while others hang easily from one or both handles.

Good luck with your decision!
    GHS, mom to Isabella, 9/2003

ktdid74 Guest

I think the z street is a great stroller, too. I just ordered a P3 (Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket) so I'll probably look into selling my zooper though. The only thing I didn't like about it was the canopy. Otherwise it's a great buy! The fact that it comes with all the extra stuff (shades, boot, carseat adapter) makes it worth the money.
    The recline mechanism never bothered me and DD never woke up when I put the seat back. The stroller isn't tippy at all when you put bags on the handles and I tend to really load it up. I think it has the "cool" factor, too- people always tell you how neat it looks :) It's great at the mall because it steers great one handed and maneuvers well in stores. Hmmmm, maybe I'll keep it around. HTH--

Default RE: Love the camden

I have a camden and love it...true it does not have a legrest, but the seat is long in my opinion and my 10 month olds legs do not hang...I dont understand what you mean about the canopy...you can unbutton it as long as the seat isnt fuly reclined and you child is buckled. There is also a ventilation window in it...The sun protection is much better in the camden that the zstreet.
    The zstreet to me has really rough fabric and seems a bit on the heavy side. I like the way the fabric on the camden is so plush.
    I have not tried out the zippy, but if it arrives from FAO like they said it should, then I'll let you know (heck, you'll probably hear me shout with joy, LOL)
    Valerie
    Mom to DD (7/01), DS (3/03) and "brother" (7/08)

Well, that's good to hear that you like your Camden. What do you use it for? Mostly inside or out? Do you have ANY complaints about it?

I'll be really interested to hear your direct comparison of the zippy and camden so I hope you do post that review!! For me, I feel like the zippy would be perfect if it just had one bar handle and the Camden would be perfect if it had a legrest. I've seen a lot of posts from people who've said the lack of legrest is a deal breaker. My guy is so little, I'm sure his feet won't hang off for a while. I just wonder what will happen when they do. Time for a new stroller, I guess!!!!

Inglesina does have a stroller like the Zippy with a single bar handle. It is called the "Evo" or "Max." I see them around here all the time and they are GORGEOUS. I haven't pushed one, though.

They have been discontinued, but there was one recently for sale on StrollerSwap. I have also seen them at a few online stores. Maybe do a search.

Well, you truly are the stroller queen! I had not come across that one before. It's the Max Evo (there's also an Easy Evo but that has umbrella handles). It does look great, though I can't find much info in English on it - the sites are mostly from Europe.

What's your opinion on the Camden lack of legrest issue? What did you like about your Camden? And dislike?

Ignoring the folding mechanism, do you like the Zippy or the Camden better?

vikivoly Guest

I have the Z street and am happy with it. You're right about the canopy though. It doesn't pull forward enough to provide a lot of shade. As someone else mentioned, it does come with the bug & sun shield which I use a lot.

The recline isn't so bad, but I wish it wasn't two-handed.

Before you rule out an umbrella stroller, what is it you don't like about 2 handled strollers? I originally wanted a single bar because I thought it would be easier for one-handed steering, but after maneuvering the Z-street in the store I realized I liked the umbrella style better. In general they steer much better when weaving between objects and the Z-street can be pushed with one hand when needed. I also think the umbrella grip is more natural and comfortable than a single bar.

If you have your heart set on a single bar, take a look at the Zooper Sport. It is very similar to the Z-street, but a little larger and it has a single bar.

Good Luck

Well, maybe I would get used to the two handles but every time I've tried one, they have not felt too terribly comfortable and I've found the one hand steering to be a pain (even on a Maclaren). Without being able pull right at the center (when pulling it through a doorway, for example), it always seems to go lopsided. But, I've only used someone else's, never had my own, so maybe I would like it if I used it all the time.

I have looked at the Sport - it seems pretty good for me but I've hesitstated because of the weight. I will definitley take a look at the new Zoopers that are supposed to be lighter.

Did you consider a Zippy?

vikivoly Guest

I considered the Zippy, but couldn't find one IRL to compare to the Z-street. I think it's very important to test drive a stroller before buying is sight-unseen. I would have never considered the Z-street if I didn't see it IRL. Did you try one? I think the steering on it is very good compared to some of the other umbrella strollers I looked at.

"Well, maybe I would get used to the two handles"
    You shouldn't have to get used to it. If you don't like it in IRL, then I wouldn't buy one. When I tried the Z-street I knew instantly that I preferred it to the straight bar.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast