lbfoody Guest

Default Kidarooz Bike Trailer/Stroller

Has anyone had a chance to try one of these out? They are at Costco and on Ebay. Supposedly they are made by Cariiot Carrier. Thanks for your help!

lbfoody Guest

Default RE: Kidarooz Bike Trailer/Stroller

Bupming this up. Thanks!

Deleted since I didn't realize I had replied to a thread that is 2 years old! :)

http://lilypie.com/baby1/060325/3/15/5/-6/.png

apeetz Guest

OK, so after extensive research I think that I have figured out the Kidarooz mystery! They are distributed through Chariot Carriers, and have the similiar specs (less detail) than the Cougar 2, and are the same design as the Croozer.

The Chariot are the top of the line, then they have Croozers (mid level/jogging stroller option), and finally the Kidarooz (no jogging option EVERYTHING else the same as Croozer. The Chariots are hand made in Canada and about 20 LBS, the Croozers/Kidarooz in China and are around 33 LBS. I did spend quite some time on the phone with the SUPER friendly Chariot Carrier sales rep .Chariot is the customer service if you have questions or problems with Croozer/Kidarooz, if you look at both sites they have the same phone number, and if you call in it says Croozer designs. Also, there were earlier reports on the stroller front wheel breaking, according to the rep this is one of the things that they have improved the design on (and a few others, mostly astetic)

I did all of this research to place the produce in the bike trailer market so I could compare it to others I was shopping around for to make sure I got the best value for the price I paid, and think that paying $174 at Costco for something idential to a $374 Croozer (w/o jogging option as only design difference) and guarenteed by Chariot Carriers is a good bargain.

I got it over the weekend, put it together quickly and enjoyed our first weekend out on the trails. I'd reccomend rear view mirrors, as I had a hard time getting used to how wide we were!!

__________________________________________________ ____

http://www.bicycletrailers.com/Croozer-535.pro
    The 2007 Croozer 535 comes in New Colors ($374)

The Croozer 535 is essentially an economical alternative to the Chariot Cougar 2. It shares the same basic bike trailer / stroller conversion design, most notably the ability to transform back and forth from its original bike trailer form, becoming a stroller or even a jogging stroller. This versatility is a huge plus for families with an interest in both running and cycling, who don't want to deal with storing multiple single-use carriers, or who like exploring the option of doing several activities in a day without having to change carriers.

The Chariot Cougar 2 and Croozer 535 have almost every major feature in common. The big differences are the weight and attention to detail; Croozer products are mass produced in China, while Chariot's trailers are hand-made in Canada. Of course, you get what you pay for: to get top quality, you have to pay top dollar. However, the Croozer 535 is by no means a low-end trailer; it is just not of the same quality level as a Chariot bike trailer.

Parents looking for a single child carrier should look into the Croozer 737.

A few noteworthy distinctions between the Croozer 535 and the Chariot Cougar 2:

The price of the Croozer 535 includes the jogging and stroller conversion kits, whereas separate kits are required in order to transform the Cougar 2. The Croozer has individual bucket seats, while the Cougar 1 has a single bench-style seat. The Cougar 2 has a double bench seat. The Croozer 535 weighs 33 lbs. while the Cougar 2 weighs 24 lbs.. The Croozer 535 uses a center caster with one wheel (included) while the Cougar 1 uses 2 corner casters (sold separately), which seems more stable. The bottom line is that the Croozer 535 is well suited for families that can't or don't want to spend the money for the 'high-end" trailer and the necessary conversion kits, but like the idea of a multi-purpose carrier to serve as a stroller, bike trailer, and jogging stroller.