Default lambskin/sheepskin inserts

I know many people have mentioned they use these inserts in their strollers. We have a MBUD and so far both kids seem comfortable without this type of lining for "padding" purposes. However, my two year old's head and back are always pretty sweaty when we remove him from the stroller.

For those of you who have used the sheepskin or lambskin inserts, have you noticed that your child actually does stay quite a bit cooler when you use the lining? I noticed that some come with either a fleece or cotton backing. Do you ever use this side for your child? Any advantage of one or the other?

Thanks!

Rhonda36 Guest

Default RE: lambskin/sheepskin inserts

I definitely have noticed a difference in a MBUS with and without a lambswool insert. Without, DS is very sweaty and with one he seems much more comfy. Seems weird to be sitting on wool in the summer, but wool is naturally breathable and wicks the moisture away from the baby (that's why so many people use wool covers with cloth diapers). I find it difficult to put him in a stroller now without an insert -- he just looks so much more comfy.

HTH,
    Rhonda

luvtoshop Guest

I use a Bowron lambskin insert in our Dreamer Design and dd loves it. Keeps her cool and very comfy.

Thanks for the response... I'll definately give this a try.