Jamie Guest

Default Calling all SC Mini owners

I've done the advanced search & read everything in the archives. I know it hasn't been out long, but I was hoping to hear from people who own one & have used it a little bit by now. Does it manuever well, even in small isles? Is it easy to push one-handed? Do you feel it is compareable to the Macs in these aspects? If the seat is upright, is it too difficult to get things in & out of the basket due to the cross bar. Do you hang bags off the handles? Any expierence with outdoor use? I have checked it out in person & liked it, but these are the things you find out with use. So any input would be appreciated.

THANKS!!

Default RE: Calling all SC Mini owners

We've only had ours about a week and I can't compare to a Mac, but I think it steers very well and is quite easy to manuever in small places. I've used it on the mall in DC (including the hard packed dirt path) and on sidewalks around our house with no problems. Haven't tried to hang a bag of the handles and haven't really used the basket much either.

Hope that helps a little.

mec Guest

I'm also thinking about getting the Mini & was glad to hear that you like it. I too am hoping to hear input from some more owners- pros & cons, etc. Those are good questions & I can't wait to hear the responses.

Mary
    DD 10/02

Well, mine is coming on Tuesday, and I ordered it without even seeing one IRL! I'll let you know what I think.
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

Myfourkids Guest

I love my SC Mini! I personally think it handles better than a Mac. The wheels are bigger. It steers perfectly one handed. The other day I had a fully loaded Skip Hop hanging off the back and a shopping bag, when I took my daughter out guess what? It did not tip!!!!
    It is so easy to manuever even when my 46lb 5 yr old hopped in for a ride. I found it easier to access the basket from the side. Not a huge basket but a decent size for that type stroller.

I totally recommend it! The only thing I would change on it is a little more padding. It is padded but I am used to a Peg Milano XL that is very plush. And even that is really no big deal.

mickey Guest

I just took my mini out for its first stroll today. I also have a Zippy and this handles just as good - and doesn't take up as much of the trunk either - which is a plus if you have a smaller car.

The only drawback that I've seen so far is that it has a flimsy basket. I will probably get a Skiphop so that shouldn't be a huge issue.