Cris Guest

Default Please help with Double Stroller choice!

I am the mom of a 25 month old boy and am expecting my second boy in mid January (my son will be 30months old)
    I need help on which one of these would be best for us to get (comfort wise and practical wise)

Maclaren Twin Traveler
    Combi Ultra Savy Twin
    Peg Perego Aria

Thanks for your help!

Happy Mom Guest

Default RE: Please help with Double Stroller choice!

I haven't bought one yet, but I've been researching them for a couple of months and I also had it narrowed down to the three you mentioned. I finally decided on the Peg Perego Twin Aria. I'm waiting for Stroller Queen's update from the Baby Expo before I purchase because I wanted to see if the 2005 model would have a reversible handle. I've actually seen the Aria and I really like the way it handles and seems comfortable. The 2004 model has an adjuster strap that allows you to move the seat to just about any position. I've seen a lot of negative feedback on the Combi because the upright position on the seat is still too reclined and leaves the child in an ackward sitting position. I ruled the Maclaren out because I wanted the handle that goes all the way across...much easier to steer with one hand that way. Hope this helps and Good Luck!

lizanov15 Guest

Default RE: Please help with Double Stroller choice!

I'm in the same boat, so I'd like to hear what others have to say about these strollers. I've also seen all 3 strollers IRL, and like different things about each.

Some of the issues I found with them are:
    Maclaren Twin Traveler
    - Folding and unfolding the stroller is a little hard, espeically for someone not used to the fold.
    - Raising and lowering the seat recline is difficult.
    - No cup holder / child tray
    - No shoulder room left for my 22mo old toddler. I think this is the narrowest stroller of the 3

Combi Twin Savvy
    - Flimbsy frame, seems that the stroller won't last that long, especially if taken outside
    - The highest setting on the seat recline is too reclined for my toddler

Peg Perego Aria
    - Lots of plastic parts and the fold isn't as compact as the combi and mac.
    - Canopy isn't as large (less coverage) as the combi and mac.

So, you can see, I'm still torn. I might end up with the Maclaren Twin Traveler in the end. I really like the mac because it's such a sturdy stroller (and believe me, my toddler is quite rough with her stroller), but I'm just concerned about the elbow room and lack of a snack tray.

Liza
    DD#1 11/02, edd 12/23 #2