Default Okay will anyone admit to owning this one?

My son is wanting this stroller soooo badly. I am not thrilled that the Dora only comes in pink, however I understand his attraction to Dora. Right now we have hime convinced that we should wait for a Swiper one (lol, I can't even find a decent picture of Swiper let alone Swiper fabric to make a cover out of ;-)) but I saw it also in a cute Snoopy print. Anywho, lol, anyone want to fess up to owning it with their thoughts on it? I know the handles are actually tall enough for me which is a plus. Besides being completely cheesy is it okay for very occasional stuff?

Dora-
    http://www.bcfdirect.com/Images/Cata...05233_rg_1.jpg

Snoopy-
    http://www.bcfdirect.com/Images/Cata...28969_rg_1.jpg

Spongebob-
    http://www.bcfdirect.com/Images/Cata...05275_rg_1.jpg
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

Mommy2calebnAidan Guest

Default RE: Okay will anyone admit to owning this one?

I don't know if this helps you, but there is a lady on the StrollerSwap board that makes stroller covers. Right now she has a Blue's Clues one on the board for like $12. Maybe she could make you a boyish Dora???

Gee, Kath, you've got your kids REQUESTING certain strollers! I'm impressed. it's a toy for your son as much as mom! My DD does like strollers, but only on her terms, at her times (which sadly don't usually correspond with when I'm in a store and want her to try one out.)
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

ktdid74 Guest

My DS would be all over the Dora stroller! He doesn't ride anymore but he might if I had that! Spongebob is his all time fav though so it would be a toss up.

ErinP Guest

About 8 years ago I used to Nanny for this very wealthy family that had a beautiful Silver Cross pram- WOW- how lucky was I to push this $2,000 carriage!!! Anyways when the baby outgrew that they bought a few high end strollers. I was only 20 and without kids myelf, so I didn't notice what they were, but I'm sure now I'd be drooling over them. One summer the daughter was about 18 months-2 years and REFUSED to stay in a stroller. We tried everything and one day she saw the snoopy stroller and had to have it. I think I was in K-mart- I was a poor college student buying things for my apartment and spent little money on it. That was the only thing she would sit in for the next year. She would only nap if you pushed her in this stroller. She never really looked comfortable-she would be all slumped over and it had the cheap vibrating feel- the one that leaves your hands tingling!!! And if you jit any kind of a bump you would go straight into the stroller!!! I laugh when I see these and hope my daughter doesn't see the Dora one, because she will want it!!!!
    Erin

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I say get your son the pink Dora stroller! Even if he does not like it for long you are only spending about $20.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.