Dianna11 Guest

Default Jeep Liberty Limited Urban Stroller?

I was all set to buy a Zooper Zydeco, but someone mentioned the Jeep Liberty. It looks pretty good, even a bit lighter than the Zooper. It's so much less expensive, so I'm wondering if they are skimping on quality somewhere.
    The features I'm looking for are:
    Lockable swivel wheel, newborn compatible - without infant carseat, reversible seat, comfortable for the child. Durability - I walk A LOT in Canada, in the snow - so water resistent and salty snow resistent.

The features I don't care much about are the weight, fold-a-bility, price.

Any feedback on the Jeep sroller?

newmommy1 Guest

Default RE: Jeep Liberty Limited Urban Stroller?

I have one and I really like it, fabulous for the $$. But it does not have a lockable swivel wheel, it a swivel and you don't use it for running. It's great for me bc I don't run....my 3month old really likes it, she is very comfortable. It is very easy to steer which makes it easy for me to push the stroller and walk my dog as well. The only downside I see is that it says JEEP all over it!

They are made by Kolcraft with the Jeep label. They do not have the lockable front wheel nor reversible handle/seat. They do recline way back, but only have two positions to the seat- down and up. They can be a bit tippy if an older child leans to try to reach a toy say. The fabrics are Teflon coated which many people like for cleanability, I myself have concerns with a chemical like that that close to my infant, however it would probably be desirable for the Canadian weather. It would not come with the extra weather protection of a boot, raincover, etc. It does have a parent tray, large basket, and that fun child toy bar. :-) Good luck making your decision!

HTH~
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

sdjeppa is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I have one for my almost 1 year old, and I do love it, and think its great for the price. Very easy to push, steer, large basket, the saddle bags are great to keep packed with diapers, wipes, toys, blankets, etc.

It does recline to any angle - it has a drawstring recline, and mine does have a lockable front wheel. It is not for jogging though, but we have taken ours on the beach, dirt, and walking around the neighborhood (and I will use it for shopping too, sometimes!)

Jenny, Mommy to Zachary 9-27-03

Almost certain it's not aluminium, so it'll rust especially if your about in one of the salt happy places in canada :P if your out in the snow and salt i'd stick to an aluminium stroller :)

~Pamela Mom to the Trio Of Trouble http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/angels/newangel.gif

http://lilypie.com/baby4/010103/0/5/3/-6/.png