Default Which Stroller best for beach resort with 17month old?

We are vacationing at a resort in the Carribean in November with DS and my parents. Now that he is older, I am wondering which stroller would be best, the Zippy (his favorite), the MBUD (my favorite, and might good over countryside), or the 2000 Vogue (lightest, but least recline).

DS tends to take his afternoon nap in his stroller, which is why I thought about the MBUD if we are by the beach, but now I found out we are staying in a villa, and will use a gulf cart to get around, so I thinking of the Zippy, which folds so easily, and which he naps in easily. I have no idea how large this property is, this vacation is courtesy of my parents.

We also have a sit n stroll which I intend to use at the airport and on the plane, so I will check the stroller with the luggage.

Any recommendations?
    Thanks,
    Barbara

Default RE: Which Stroller best for beach resort with 17month old?

hardysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I bought my Zippy for a trip to Naples, FL when Hardy was 16 mo. It was really perfect.

It folded small/easily and self-stood so it didn't take up a ton of space in our room. Also, it fit in the trunk of the car-- along with my husband and dad's golf clubs! I would think it would be easier to deal with in the back of a golf cart as well. While I love the feel of MBs, I think they are pretty awkward to fold/haul around.

By that age, I found Hardy wouldn't nap in public, particularly in a strange location, but I liked that he had a nice place to hang out. I could pretty much go anywhere reasonable with it from shopping to hanging out by the pool to a walking in a nature park with gravel trails. I don't think you'd take the MB or the Zippy on the beach, but it would be easier to carry the Zippy using the handle on the side over short distances, like from the cart to your beach spot, than it would be to carry the MB and all your other stuff.

I have a MBUD and I know how addictive MBs can be, but I think the Zippy would be easier.

Stephanie

writermama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We took our baby to Vero Beach, Florida when she was 10 months old. I had thought about taking our jogger or renting a big jogging stroller there (I think I had read that you need at least 16" wheels to handle sand), but I'm glad I didn't. It turned out that the beach where we were staying was at too steep an angle to comfortably push a stroller.

Instead, I bought an Ergo carrier that we used for walks on the beach and we used our Zooper Swing (about the same size as the Zippy) for around town. It worked well for us and the Ergo carrier is now one of my favorite baby purchases -- I wore her in it for a 3 hour visit to the aquarium a few weeks ago and never felt uncomfortable. You might want check the carrier section of the boards for other suggestions as well.

If you're thinking of taking the MBUD, you might want to find out what the beach will be like at your resort. Are MBUDs good on sand?

Good luck with your decisions and have a wonderful trip.

-Karen

Zippy it is then! And we have a backpack carrier that DS loves, so that is a great suggestion as well.
    Thanks for your help!
    Barbara