Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    catfeet is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: I thought the Valco Twin Runabout CAN accept an infant carrier??

Lol, I've been eyeing those Combi twins too, or the Kolcraft, or the Mac Rally Twins...I had a Twinjet, but it was as heavy or Annheavier than the Valco, & I did love it, but it just wasn't practical for throwing into the car & running in & out of stores, so I sold it & am now on a quest for a good errand/mall twin too.

My two guys are 3 yo & 6 mo...a pretty big disparity in size.

Ann

sbjf Guest

Dh and I decided tonight to go with the 2005 MBUD. We have the MBUS now and love it so we think it's the smartest thing to do. I am only considering all-terrains because we really use that feature on our single. I'm not a big mall person, so for the few times a year I do go they'll just have to make way for the MBUD, lol. I'm going to get it from Marilyn at Running Stroller because she's good and she give the two free fleece inserts with it. Valco is out because it doesn't officially take the infant seat and dh is a safety nut.

:-)

sobers3 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

If you decide on the MBUD and still feel you need something smaller for the mall and errands, Right Start has the Twin Swift right now for $129. That's an amazing deal! Although I don't have one, there are some very nice reviews on this site about them. HTH

sbjf Guest

REally?! THat is a good price. Can I buy online?? I'll have to check.

aggie202 Guest

That's a fantastic price. Thanks for the tip.

I stopped in at my local baby store yesterday b/c I wanted to see the Combi Twin in action. I chatted with the salesperson, who has twins of his own and he told me an interesting thing. Knowing that I currently have the Zippy and love it, he said that I'd probably not be as happy with the Combi as I would be with the Inglesina Twin Swift. Certain features on the Combi (the drawstring recline, peek-a-boo window) were just not as streamlined as on the Twin Swift. He also felt that the overall quality was better w/Inglesina.

While I'm usually skeptical of a saleclerk's advice, the fact that he was pointing me toward the less expensive stroller leads me to trust his advice. That and the fact that he said he's owned both and prefers the Twin Swift.

Unfortunately (for me), that still doesn't solve my initial quest for a lightweight double stroller of good quality that will accept the Snugride. I guess I'll have to buy two--what a travesty!

catfeet is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

The TwinSwift was 28lbs vs the Combi's 21lbs. Weight was a leading factor in my elimination of the TS from my list. The TwinJet was 29lbs, & was much more plush & only a lb heavier, yet was too heavy for an umbrella stroller for me.

Ideally, I'd like something 20lbs or under, and the only 2 strollers that currently even come close are the Combi (21lbs) or the Kolcraft (20.95), with the Mac Rally Twin trailing at 22lbs, but the Kolcraft has a weight limit of 35lbs per kid, so it recently got moved off the list, leaving the Combi. I want to see it IRL & put my oldest into it before I purchase, so it may be a bit.

Or, if the whole question of do I need to check the Valco as luggage on our cross country trip becomes reality, I may actually just purchase.

Ann

JennsBabySky Guest

Well, if you're leaning towards the Inglesina Twin Swift for quality, but would like it to hold the infant car seat, there is always the Inglesina Twin Jet. It is only a pound heavier than the Twin Swift (per the previous post) but it has the napper bar and can unofficially hold the infant seat. From what I read on a prior post, it is also made in Italy as opposed to the China made Twin Swift, so the quality should be as good, if not better than the Twin Swift.

Ok, now I'm reconsidering my decision to sell the Twin Jet. I never use it since my oldest is nearing 5, but I just love this stroller. I need to stay away from posting about SBS doubles, it just makes me want to keep my TJ. AAAaahh -- at this rate, it will be in my house forever. I'm going to keep changing my mind and hold onto it until my youngest is 18 -- he'll be out of strollers by then, right??

LOL! :D
    Strollerqueen

Ann,

Did you check out the Peg Aria twin? It's pretty light.
    Strollerqueen

I just checked Peg's website, and they list the Aria Twin at 17.8 pounds. Which may or may not be true. I know the P3 weighs 19 pounds, and the single Aria weighs 13 pounds, for example.
    Strollerqueen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast