baby Guest

Default Chicco Pony, Graco Citilite or other suggestions for lightweight stroller

Here's the story. I want to get a lightweight stroller for when my baby grows out of her snap n' go. Since I use taxis and public transportation I have the following requirements:

-Light weight- lift stroller while holding baby
    -One hand fold and close- meaning I can hold the baby in one hand and fold and unfold with the other. something really simple. Like maclarens seem a little complicated even though they claim its a one hand fold. i love the one hand fold type that you just push at the top and it folds- like on the snap n' go.

So the strollers Iv'e been looking at have been the chicco pony- the fold was not as easy as i would like. and the graco citilite- i love the fold but i here bad things about gracos. if you own these strollers or know about them please share.

any suggestions on strollers would be greatly appreciated!!

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Chicco Pony, Graco Citilite or other suggestions for lightweight stroller

We owned a Graco Citilight and it held up well for all the situations you described. However I would not use it for a baby less than 6 months old and I found it somewhat of a pain as Toby reached full toddler hood. All in all, it served us well and is not serving a friend well.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

tinkerbell1217 Guest

Default RE: Chicco Pony, Graco Citilite or other suggestions for lightweight stroller

The Combi Savvy Soho DX is awesome!!!! Folds nice and compact, is very lightweight with lots of features including almost flat recline and it says suitable for newborn. I got mine at Babystyle for $129 plus shipping.

Here is a pic. I LOVE mine!

http://a940.g.akamai.net/7/940/449/0...5827_MID_r.jpg

knaidel is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I second the Combi idea... I am in the same situation as you (use public transport pretty frequently). Although I haven't used it yet, (EDD tommorrow) I've been playing with the Combis in the store, and I think that I'll get one for public transportation. The wheels aren't so great for city sidewalks, but I think its a trade-off. i don't think there is something that's 1)great for rough sidewalks, 2)lighweight (easy to take on transportation) 3) easy to fold....

I guess it depends how much you walk around.... My neighbor, here in chicago, has a Combi as her ONLY stroller and loves it.

-Rachel

baby Guest

How do the combi's fold? is it really easy to hold baby fold and lift into a trunk? and have any of you heard of the chicco ponee?

Also, the new Inglessina Espresso

tinkerbell1217 Guest

I have no problem at all!! Very easy. BUT, I haven't tried doing both at once. I put DD in her car seat before putting the stroller in the van. I just feel better doing it that way and she doesn't fuss. Anyone?? experience doing the hold baby AND fold stroller thing at the same time??

I have heard of the Ponee, but no experience with it! Sorry!

baby Guest

how much does the expresso weigh?
    What kind of fold does it have?