jbain Guest

Default Valco Runabout or Rebel? What's the Difference?

Hi;
    I had finally made my decision to buy the Valco Runabout (thanks everyone for the great reviews and pictures!). Then... I read about the Rebel which has the reversible handle option. Does anyone know the key differences between these two strollers?

Any information would be MUCH appreciated!
    Thanks, Jennifer
    :+

louislinus Guest

Default RE: Valco Runabout or Rebel? What's the Difference?

I am also very interested in this stroller and would be interested if it is available in the US. Google searches only turn up Aussie websites.

Thanks in advance!

louislinus Guest

I sent an email to Rodney at kiwi-kid.com and got a very quick response. Here's what he said

Hi Bethany,
    Yes - the Rebel is on its way and should be clearing customs between Christmas and New Year. I haven't seen it yet so I can't offer any other info other than contained on the Valco Australia website - www.valco.com.au

Pricing hasn't been set yet though it will be more expensive than the Runabout (I'm guessing a sell price of around $400). And I don't know if a bassinet is also available. I'll know more in a couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Rodney

The last I talked to Valco they said the bassinette would NOT be available for the Rebel in the US. :(

It will be heavier, and more expensive, and I think the seat back was shorter. Nevertheless, I would still consider it if I had a newborn.
    Strollerqueen

jbain Guest

Thanks everyone for you input. I actually just spoke to the Canadian distributor for the Valco strollers (I am in Toronto), and she told me that the Rebel is very similar to the Zooper. Meaning, bigger and heavier than the Runabout. As well, to switch the direction of the baby you have to take the entire seat off (similar to the Zooper). Also, she said that they are improving the toddler seat in terms of how you attach it to the stroller. They are making it easier and quicker to use. So, I think I may stick with the Runabout after all!

Thanks again for all your input everyone!
    Jennifer
    Mom to Aiden Riley - 3 months.