MeredithsMom Guest

Default If you got a Bugaboo would you keep your Silver Cross Camden?

DH and I bought a Silver Cross Camden before DD was born (I guess the excitement--now I see we should've waited!), after talking ourselves out of the Bugaboo. DD is ready to move from the Kolcraft/Snugride combo and, after a few tries in the Silver Cross, we've decided we'd really like to get the Bugaboo after all. One thing we really love about the Bugaboo is the ability to have DD face us--I absolutely hate not being able to see her. While I realize that she may prefer facing out at some point, it's great that the Bugaboo gives you the option. We don't mind the 2 part breakdown, smaller basket, etc. We are sold on the Bugaboo.

MY QUESTION IS . . . is there a reason why I should keep the Silver Cross Camden rather than sell it? It has been used 3 times so far (outside). I can't imagine that we'd use it that much, but it seems like reasons for stroller #2 (and 3, and 6) are always popping up on here.

So, Stroller Mavens with infinitely more experience than I have: would it be beneficial to keep the Silver Cross in addition to the Bugaboo? Why or why not?

Thanks for any and all advice.

ktdid74 Guest

Default RE: If you got a Bugaboo would you keep your Silver Cross Camden?

Hi Joyce- I had a Frog for a while (and miss it :( ) but kept my P3. I didn't use it while I had the frog but would have if we had flown any. You may want to hold onto it for a while-just in case. You may discover some situations where you prefer your Camden. LOL about hanging out with movie stars. I always note in People when I see a Frog (and saw a black one on The Apprentice Finale). BTW- I loved the option of the reversible handle on the Frog- and DD always loved riding in it! It's the only stroller she would fall asleep in! Let us know what you decide :)

I love the Bugaboo. I don't think you need the camden unless you want to save it to travel with, or keep in a car or something. I think the bugaboo is better with something like the Silver Cross Micro, and you might want to consider that one when your baby is a little older.

MeredithsMom Guest

Thanks so much, ktdid74 and jessieandgrace.

I was thinking the two were probably redundant as well, and that we might need an umbrella-type later on. I'm thinking I might not get that much from selling the Camden, so it might be worth it to keep it. Of course, if it sits in the closet unused it's pretty worthless too.

DH and I agree that we shouldn't let our purchase of the Camden preclude us from getting the Bugaboo now; we just wish we hadn't talked ourselves out of the Bugaboo before. It was even $699 back when we were looking.

:-)