MeredithsMom Guest

Default Bugaboo: BabyStyle, BabyCenter, or BabyUniverse?

One more Bugaboo post (sorry). I'm trying to figure out from which of these sites I should order the Bugaboo. Though I've heard great things about some other sites, these are connected to eBates and every little bit helps.

We were debating between red and aubergine. BabyStyle and BabyCenter do not have aubergine, so that would mean red if we went with them. BabyUniverse has all colors but I've heard some bad things on these boards about them. Can anyone confirm that BabyUniverse is not the best?

I'm thinking I'll order through BabyStyle or BabyCenter. BabyCenter's Red is out of stock right now (agony), but they have less of a shipping surcharge (and I've ordered from them many times).

I realize that I'm rambling...guess I'm just wondering if anyone was (dis)pleased with BabyStyle, BabyCenter, or BabyUniverse.

Thanks in advance!

ktdid74 Guest

Default RE: Bugaboo: BabyStyle, BabyCenter, or BabyUniverse?

I don't know if you're open to other suggestions but you may want to try strollandgo.com (free shipping) or travelingtikes.com. I bought my Frog from strollandgo and they were great. Sorry I can't help with the other places!

bluej Guest

If you are counting on BabyUniverse's Money Back Guarentee, I would count them out. I returned a stroller to them and they wouldn't refund my money b/c they couldn't locate the stroller. I pointed out to them that it was signed for, therefore had obviously been delivered and it shouldn't be at my cost that they (actually Chicco) misplaced the stroller after receiving it, and still they wouldn't refund my money. I turned it over to my credit card company and wrote a scathing letter (okay, several) to them about their bullsh*t money back guarentee and finally received a refund 4 months after returning the stroller (the CC company reversed the charge as soon as I turned it over to them, but it took Baby Universe nearly 4 months to agree that they should have refunded my money).

MeredithsMom Guest

bluej

That's horrible! I think I read about this last night when I was looking through the archives. Even though BabyUniverse has 7% back at eBates, I just don't really trust them with an order this big. Thanks so much for the feedback--they are crossed off my list!

Sorry you had such trouble!

MeredithsMom Guest

Thanks. I read great things about these two while reading the archives last night. I will keep them in mind. I guess I'm just trying to save money (which is pretty funny, since not buying the stroller would save the most!). LOL.

bugaboomomma Guest

I ordered my Aubergine bugaboo from Stroll and Go and I highly recommend them. I too was very indecisive about the color so I went with the Aubergine because I felt that the red would show stains more. Also It was less sporty looking. I do love the red though and may eventually order the red fabric for a change.
    My daughter is 5 weeks old and I get so much use from the bassinet. She sleeps like a little angel inside of it!!!
    Good luck!!!

abilleri Guest

I would have to agree with the others; stroll and go would be the way to go. I actually visited her shop and was very impressed by her stroller knowledge and professionalism.

Best of luck to you!