Thread: Quad Strollers

mytinysunshine Guest

Default Quad Strollers

I was wondering if anyone could offer any info on quad strollers? I was looking at the new quad stroller at shower your baby.com also at the inglensia quad, but don't like that the wheels don't swivel and the basket is metal ... any other options for us? Thanks!

hardysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Quad Strollers

Will you have quads or just kids of close age?

I use the Inglesina Trio (the same as the Quad, just w/ 3 seats) for my infant twins + toddler. The metal basket is actually nice. With babies, it is easy to turn by lifting the back wheels. It is too heavy to pop a wheelie with the front, if loaded with babies. With heavier kids, it would become harder to steer, though not as bad as you might imagine. I have used it a lot on neighborhood walks, but not so much in public. It draws a lot od attention! I can say that it fits through more doors than I expected-- I've taken into the bathroom (yuck) at our neighborhood park.

I don't know of a quad stroller with swivel wheels, though I have seen some day-care type carts which would work for older kids (old enough to sit up well). There isn't really and "easy" quad stroller. I think one has to gain a whole new perspective, you know.

If you have Quads, I think the best bet is probably the Runabout. It also doesn't swivel, but is very nimble. By far the easiest to use of the quads I've seen.

Good luck!

Stephanie

mytinysunshine Guest

Default RE: Quad Strollers

Hi there the quad will be used for children of different ages, the two oldest will be 26 months and 15 months when the third one is born, we plan on having the fourth one behind pretty close too... I also like the run about ... this is so confusing and worst because no storre carries quads for you to test drive ... Thanks!