Default Got my new P3 hip hop - question about taking it on an airplane (m)

So far it seems great. It's bigger than I thought it would be, but Zeke looks like he's going to be really happy in it, and it may become my summer stroller instead of my e3.

A few comments about the P3. The 2005's do have a one-hand fold, in that you can click each side (and they stay clicked) separately with one hand, and then with the same hand pull up the handle in the back like the zippy. The fabric is nice and soft, and doesn't seem like it would be too hot or scratchy against bare skin. We'll see about keeping it clean. Can you wash the canopy at all? That's what I worry about. I've been known to drip Mr. Softee ice cream cones.

I know I've read posts about the little plastic pieces in the recline mechanism. What are they there for? On my stroller they're gray, and at the bottom of the recline mechanism on each side. Are they supposed to stop the stroller from reclining all the way?

Now here's my predicament. I'm going to Florida next week. I've flown upwards of ten times with kids and strollers and never had any problems gatechecking my stroller. Now I'm all worried that my new P3 is going to get bashed around, dirty or broken. Should I spring for a Pliko transport sack and put it in a bag at the gate? Or is there some other bag that the p3 will fit in?

Oh yeah, my p3 came with the adaptor strap for the snugride. It's fine, no big deal. I'm sort of excited to take the p3 with the snugride to Florida because Zeke's getting to the point where he doesn't really like the recline of the infant car seat, so while we're there, I'll probably just use the p3 without the carseat. When we get home, I'm installing the marathon in the car. I hate that infant carseat. It's too heavy now that he's over 18 pounds.

Thanks in advance for anything you have to offer.

Default RE: Got my new P3 hip hop - question about taking it on an airplane (m)

http://www.buybuybaby.com/shopping/p...code=SEARCHDEX I am pretty sure this would work, I have one from BuyBuyBaby and it is pretty darn big. If not I know they have another brand that is cheaper than the Peg branded one that my friend used for her P3. It is the JLChildress http://www.buybuybaby.com/shopping/p...oductID=142540

HTH~
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

Thanks Kath. I appreciate the links. Of course, I just ordered the Peg one online, so I'm kicking myself that I wasted the money on it when the links you gave looked just fine. Oh well.

I'll be interested to see if I end up using my P3 more than my E3 at some point. I have to say, I'm not thrilled by the lack of recline on the e3. I guess the sleepytime mode (zippers open) is okay, and Zeke seems to sleep okay, but it's certainly not much of a recline. It's almost like a Daytripper recline.

Nice to "see" you around!!

A friend of mine with an '03 or '04 P3 recommends taking the snack tray off for airplane travel- other than that she has been really happy with its sturdiness on several trips.
    Sarah
    Mama to my sweet boys
    H (1/04) & PJ (6/06)

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The P3 holds up pretty well through airline travel (though good idea to take off snack tray, cup holder and possibly hood) unless the airline loses your gate-checked stroller. Ours took a few days to find us (grrrr) and was more beat up and scratched up than it would be through normal gate check handling. So, with a new stroller, I'd tend to recommend that you bag it, but be prepared for it to be routed to baggage claim instead of being at the door when you exit the plane.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009