Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    cdmenn Guest

Default Aprica Experts.. question on aprica Windor Presitge?

I am traveling by plane with my husband and baby and was looking a getting a lighter weight stroller for the trip- problem is most lightweights have crappy sun canopy and poor recline. My baby is used to her Bugaboo and the reversible handle, which I like to keep her out of the sun and when she is fussy, but I'm not sure I want to bring it on the plane.

I saw a Aprica Windsor Prestige Scozzee on sale at www.babyride.com for $229.

Do you think it would be good for this purpose?

Corinne

VickiH Guest

Default RE: Aprica Experts.. question on aprica Windor Presitge?

Hi Corinne -

I have the exact same stroller - the plaid is gorgeous, the stroller is very padded and cushy, and the hood is huge!!!! It also come with a cold weaather boot. And super light - really unbelievable how light the stroller is. Just a couple of cons - if your daughter is heavy, it may not push well - as my son got bigger, it seemed harder topush the stroller. Also, I am 5'7, and kicked the wheels when the handle was reversed to pram mode. The basket is also pretty small.

There are a few other mommies on here who have or have had Apricas - maybe they can let you know they're experiences with wheel-kicking.

Vicki

VickiH Guest

Default RE: Aprica Experts.. question on aprica Windor Presitge?

Argh! Double post

cdmenn Guest

Default RE: Aprica Experts.. question on aprica Windor ?

Thanks for the info! How is the fold on the stroller, is it fairly compact?

Corinne

tinkerbell1217 Guest

I do not have that model of Aprica, but have owned them for years and have the newer Promenade right now. Any of the Apricas I have had have not folded very compactly. Definitely not like an umbrella fold at all. But, on the upside...Aprica strollers are nicely lightweight for the amount of features you get.

BTW, maybe its just that particular model but the PP said if your child is heavy the Aprica may not push well, I did not find that to be the case at all with my Aprica I had for my DS back in 1995 (wasn't the Windsor Prestige, but looked a bit like it and was the same size). He was around 45 pounds, shouldn't have really been riding in it as long as he did, but it pushed and steered just great! And, I almost never kick the wheels, but I am also short! Only 5'2" so that may be why.

All around, Aprica is a good, solid, full featured AND lightweight stroller and I recommend them to alot of people, as most of you know here!

I always took my full featured Aprica on trips - even when DD was 4/5 yo. DH and I butted heads over this, but I couldn't deal with the lightweights available at that time, poor canopy-no basket-crappy steering-no recline.

I would have lugged it up a pyramid if I had to, LOL.

Buy it, you'll be happy. Also, I never had any basket issues w/ mine, I shoved everything from milk/soda/beer/river rocks/etc. in it. One con was that my wheels would irritate me now and then by getting stuck on curbs, but it was such a small issue that it never turned me away from my Aprica.

Have a great trip!!! :)
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Just a few more questions about this stroller. My DD and I have been searching for the perfect stroller. Her criteria is that it be lightweight. We have looked at the PP Aria and she likes that the best so far. The downside is the hood. Does this stroller take a car seat? Also,she is not even 5 feet, so the handle cannot be too high.Any info would be appriciated. Also is there a store in the DC area that sells them. Baby 2 teen used to but doesn't anymore. I like the price on this one!

boogiemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have an Aria on order but I did test-drive one at my BabiesRUS, I like it a lot! The 2005 models, called the Aria MT, include a universal infant carrier strap. Supposedly this means that you can attach any infant carrier to the stroller. The hood could stand to be a little bigger, but I just bought an attachable hood from babycenter.com that I can attach to make a really large hood! I think it's called a protect-a-bub. I am 5'1" tall and found the handle height to be fine for me. My baby is not due until April but I was able to take my son, age 3 & 1/2 yrs. to the store to test-ride. This was his favorite of the strollers we tested. He said "it feels great, Mom". Hopefully, the baby will have similar taste! :)
    Also, this one had a child tray which my stroller for my first son did not and I REALLY regretted that as time passed!

Good Luck!
    Tani

DS1 - 8/01
    DS2 - 4/05

Regarding taking a carseat: Please not not base the stroller decision on whether or not it takes a carseat. Babies shouldn't be left in their carseat and pushed around on a stroller. It is best that they are able to lie flat if necessary and have room to wiggle around. Too much time in a carseat can cause health problems. HTH...:)

*I* wouldn't be comfortable w/ an newborn in an Aria, not enough padding, head support, the wheels are too small IMHO to give a smooth, non-jolting ride. The P3 however would be awesome!!!

Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

tinkerbell1217 Guest

I second that. I wouldn't be comfortable with a NB in an Aria either and everyone seems to go for convenience rather than safety it seems. Especially with the car seat/travel system thing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast