Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    dotgirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: How many do you have?

All told, we have purchased 4 strollers since DS was born, but we only have 2 of them.

We had the Kolcraft frame - the one you just set your Grace SnugRide in, and used that until he grew out of his SnugRide at 9 months - we gave that to our friends when they were expecting.

We also had a cheap umbrella thing that we got in NYC because our other stroller wouldn't fit through the subway turnstiles - we also gave this one to our friends when they were expecting.

We have a Graco MetroLite that we keep in our Pathfinder - it's our 'out and about' stroller - fairly large and heavy, but lots of room for DS, cupholders, and a nice big basket underneath. This is DH's favourite stroller - it's the easiest for him to push, because he's pretty tall and it has an adjustable handle.

Our final stroller purchase was a Maclaren Triumph - we bought this specifically for use at WDW, but now it's our all purpose 'when we travel' stroller - it's so light and folds up so compactly. The shoulder strap is also great. (Also, because it's lighter and easier to deal with, DD uses it when she takes DS for his evening walk.) This is my favourite stroller - it's so easy to push, even one handed.

- Penny
    DD: Britt (03/22/93)
    DS: Riley (11/04/03)

hautemama15 Guest

well, with child #1, I had 2, a Graco Stroll A Bed (it was 1988, what else was there!),and a hand me down Aprica, don't remember the model. For child #2, I had an Inglesina(don't remember the model name), but it was one of the older models I got at a garage sale for $30 (I found it later at a specialty baby store for $350). Good deal!! And, I eventually bought another Aprica, brand new, on clearance for $120. Baby #3 is going to have a Chicco C1 travel system, although I won't use it that way much, I just kinda wanted the Keyfit and the C1 stroller is nice because it is a decent weight and kinda compact enough for travel. AND, I am dying to buy either the Mac Quest Fleur Mod pink stroller AND the Hauck Infinity in pink. I am probably going to get both eventually. Probably use the Hauck Infinity for outdoor walks and the C1 and Quest for mall trips and travel. So, we will have 3 all together in about a week!!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Well, 4 and 1 more on the way. But, the one on the way is the only one I bought. Two were gifts and 2 were hand-me-downs.

I have:
    a Snap N Go (gift from registry)
    a Chicco Tuscany that I use all the time (gift from my mom)
    a Instep jogger for neighborhood walks (hand-me-down)
    a Peg Perego Venezia(?) that I've used a couple of times (hand-me-down)

on order is a double jogger - Baby Jogger City Series. I plan it to be my only double.
    Kris

One, Zippy. It was a good stroller for when DS was little, full recline, took car seat and fairly padded for a baby. It also travels pretty well because of the compact one-handed fold. DS can even nap in it in the airport. And I find Zippy's wheels big enough to get over curbs in a city. Overall money well spent, the stroller has been in rottation for 2.25 years now, besides it was a gift from MIL. I'll confess to spending too much time on the stroller board when I was pregnant with DS, trying to find a perfect one and Zippy turned out as close as you can get to it.

We've also owned a Kool Stop Senior jogger for about 9 months. It was used for dog walks in the canyon by our house and on the beach. I recovered 50% of what I paid for it when we moved. A less expensive jogger would have done the job nearly as well probably but I was hoping to get much more use out of the Kool Stop. Oh, well, I enjoyed it.

Honestly, I've been tempted to buy an ultra-light stroller so many times but simply can't justify it. We manage just fine with Zippy and really need bigger wheels now that we live in a city and walk everywhere on foot.

Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

nitaghei Guest

Two:

A Peg Pliko - used this much more when DS was younger.

Mac Triumph - the perfect stroller now that I'm living in the city and traveling a fair amount. It rocks for public transportation, airports, and city sidewalks.

Used to have a jogger but dumped it a while back.

Nita
    mom to Neel, January 2003
    dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

"Moderation is best in all things." Hesiod

Snap N' Go (not used anymore, considering selling)
    Zippy
    Bob Revolution

Where do y'all keep all your strollers? The Zippy lives in the trunk of the car and Bob lives in our living room!

Two, Peg Perego P3, and a jogging stroller Baby Trend 5K. We mostly use the P3, but the jogger is good for all terrain and jogging.

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Off-topic, but have to ask:

Oh, dear. You mentioned a Mac Triumph bought specifically for WDW. How did it do at WDW and how old was your kiddo when you used it there? I looked at Macs before buying the Espresso but just couldn't pass up the deal on the Espresso.

Phil and Ted's E3
    Maclaren Triumph
    Peg Perego Pliko

Just ridiculous.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
    #2 ETA 05-22-06

Saartje is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ilana, I'm confused about your relationship with your friend/sister. Are these strollers you're talking about yours or hers? I ask because if a friend of mine (even one who babysat for me on a regular basis — heck, even my roommate!) were posting about "our" strollers, about how I had spent "$300 on garbage strollers", and about how if I'd had better judgement "we" could have spent $300 on a nicer stroller, I'd be upset about that. Am I missing something?

>We have 4 which is surprising to me because only 1 is now
    >used. The SNG that was bought when avi was in the infant seat-
    >good in the begining because my sister used to have a very
    >small car with a tiny trunk. Graco Metrolite- avi is too big
    >for this but we are keeping for possible siblings. Chicco
    >Caddy- very flimsy and avi is over/very close to the weight
    >limit. Peg perego P3- the best purchase- can take infant seat,
    >full recline- great for naps on the go- great basket, etc,
    >used 100% of the time now.
    >
    >I think the SNG was ~ $60
    >The Chicco was ~$50