janellep Guest

Default P3 and KeyFit Experience

After reading lots of threads on this board, I finally decided on Chicco Key Fit (Explorer) and the P3 (Rubino). They have arrived and now I have questions.

Some posters have said the fit between the P3 and KeyFit was snug enough not to use the provided car seat attachement strap. The fit does not seem that secure to me, but maybe I feel that way because I was used to the snap-in fit of my old Snugride and Metrolite.

SO--
    1. Are you using the car seat attachment strap?
    2. Did you take the hood off the P3 to use them together? I noticed in the instructions that it was recommended you take the hood off if using with the Primo Viaggio, but it didn't say that for use with other car seats.
    3. Any other tips for a better fit?

Thanks in advance.

janellep

MamaParis Guest

Default RE: P3 and KeyFit Experience

Did you recline the seat all the way?

janellep Guest

>Did you recline the seat all the way?

Yes I did. Still feels a bit wobbly, though like I said, I was probaby just used to the snap-in fit.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Janelle

I used a Snugride with my P3, so not sure if this will help. I rarely used them together, but when I did, I didn't use the attachment strap. I wasn't going over any bumpy terrain and DD was too tiny to move her carseat around, so I didn't see a huge risk. I did leave the canopy on. If I extended the canopy and the Snugride canopy, they met and DD was totally covered (good for my winter baby!) One thing to consider is your baby will add some weight to the car seat - maybe throw a 10lb bag of flour in the seat and see if it feels like a more secure fit? HTH!

Allison
    Mama to DD 11/05