Default Maclaren Quest (kate Spade) for trip to London?

DD & I will be accompanying DH on a 2 week business trip to London in June. I want to purchase a stroller for the trip (currently have an Icoo Infinity & Zooper Zydeco---neither would work). I am thinking of the Kate Spade Mac (have wanted it for a long, long time)---any thoughts?

TIA
    Amelia
    DD 5.5, DS 2.5, #3 due 3/12

Default RE: Maclaren Quest (kate Spade) for trip to London?

I have been eyeing that Kate Spade model ever since it came out, it's really cute. I think it would work great for an overseas trip, I believe it's built on a Quest frame, which has a limited recline and extendable foot rest. It should also have the easy Mac umbrella fold that's really great for traveling.

And please report back if you get it and let us all know how you like it!

Good Luck

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Personally, I might choose something more sturdy, with larger wheels and a better canopy, like a P3 or similar. I like that I can bring the canopy of a P3 down when we're in crowds, the larger wheels are better over a variety of terrain (vs the small wheels of the Quest), plus I can hang a diaper bag off the handles and not worry about tippiness. P3 is a better size through airports too, you can really stack a bunch of stuff (car seat, diaper bag, carry on) in it, can't do that with a Quest....

You could always skip buying one before your trip and get a Mamas and Papas over there. Same company, just different styles and fabric choices.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

Ohhh I like the idea of buying a stroller there. Maybe I will go that route. Not sure if I would buy a P3 b/c I had one when DD was newborn & the darn thing was a piece of junk(replaced it 3xs)! Oh decisions decisions. I alsa thought about a ciela (sp?) from mia moda I believe--folds very compactly. Wouldn't even have to gate check it, but not sure how it would do on london cobblestone.

Thanks!

Amelia

I would check prices before you make the decision to buy over there. A lot of baby stuff seems to be nearly twice as expensive in the UK as it is in the US, especially with the dollar being weak.
    Lindsay

DD 12/06
    DS 08/09

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Does your DD like to sit in umbrella sling-type seats? My DS2 still hates that type of seat, while he loves riding in his P3 and other stroller seats more like that. I'd try her in one before buying one and hauling it over there - you don't want her to be miserable (and thus you miserable) for 2 weeks!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Thank you everyone! Decided to borrow a P3 from a friend for the trip.
    Amelia