Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default MBUD push w/ bigger kids much better than BJCSD?

My kids are 3.5 and 4.5 and I need a stroller for long walks outside for the next 2 years. They are 29 and 36 pounds right now. Does anyone know if the MBUD pushes that much better with older kids in it than that BJCSD to justify the extra cost? I tried the BJCSD in the store and it seemed fine, but I know outside is much different up and down hills etc... TIA,

Sharon
    dd #1 09/24/02
    dd #2 11/19/03

Default RE: MBUD push w/ bigger kids much better than BJCSD?

bump... I want to order the BJ unless someone here has tried both and really recommends the MBUD over the BJ. Or, anyone with the BJ and 2 older kids? How does it do on hills etc?
    Thanks!

Sharon
    dd #1 09/24/02
    dd #2 11/19/03

bump... I want to order the BJ unless someone here has tried both and really recommends the MBUD over the BJ. Or, anyone with the BJ and 2 older kids? How does it do on hills etc?
    Thanks!

Sharon
    dd #1 09/24/02
    dd #2 11/19/03

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

StrollerQueen told me & others IIRC that the MBUD pushes better with older kids, but the BJCSD has a higher canopy than even the MBUD with the extra-tall canopy. So, which works for you depends on your kids torso heights.

I hope I got that right! :)

FWIW, I will be getting my BJCSD on Wednesday. We liked the MBUD, but the higher canopy of the BJCSD works better for us b/c both DDs have long torsos.

HTH
    Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

StrollerQueen told me & others IIRC that the MBUD pushes better with older kids, but the BJCSD has a higher canopy than even the MBUD with the extra-tall canopy. So, which works for you depends on your kids torso heights.

I hope I got that right! :)

FWIW, I will be getting my BJCSD on Wednesday. We liked the MBUD, but the higher canopy of the BJCSD works better for us b/c both DDs have long torsos.

HTH
    Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

Thanks! I am going to order the BJ today. I don't think I can justify the extra cost of the MBUD, especially since I will only be using it for limited uses and for a max of 2 years....

Sharon
    dd #1 09/24/02
    dd #2 11/19/03

Thanks! I am going to order the BJ today. I don't think I can justify the extra cost of the MBUD, especially since I will only be using it for limited uses and for a max of 2 years....

Sharon
    dd #1 09/24/02
    dd #2 11/19/03

naynaysmom Guest

FWIW...
    I have had the MBUD for a few years now and I have LOVED it! I have a 5 yr old with cerebral palsy and a 13 mo old, and I am finding that my 5 yr olds legs are just too long to be comfortable for the MB and the sunshade is hitting his head. I am looking for a new double as well. Also, the MB is made of steel and has rusted over the years making it terribly hard to steer. I have two BJs that are older and they are rust free.

naynaysmom Guest

FWIW...
    I have had the MBUD for a few years now and I have LOVED it! I have a 5 yr old with cerebral palsy and a 13 mo old, and I am finding that my 5 yr olds legs are just too long to be comfortable for the MB and the sunshade is hitting his head. I am looking for a new double as well. Also, the MB is made of steel and has rusted over the years making it terribly hard to steer. I have two BJs that are older and they are rust free.

Thanks! That info has helped a lot! I am definitely headed for the BJ then!

Sharon
    dd #1 09/24/02
    dd #2 11/19/03

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast