Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mom-in-waiting Guest

Default What stroller frames are compatible with Chicco KeyFit infant car seat?

The Chicco KeyFit seems like a great infant car seat, but I'm not finding many options for a compatible stroller frame. From the research that I've done, it seems as though the KeyFit is only compatible with Chicco's own Ct 0.1 stroller or as a part of their Cortina Travel System. Both of these seem to be large, heavy options...although apparently very well designed. (Maybe someone will convince me that these strollers are the way to go...)

Baby Bargains gives good marks to Chicco's own C5 lightweight stroller, but I don't think it can accomodate an infant car seat/carrier.

Has anyone found a compatible lightweight stroller/frame for the KeyFit? If not, we may choose a Graco SafeSeat or SnugRide because the Gracos appear to be compatible with a greater variety of lightweight strollers/frames.

I'd appreciate hearing back with any thoughts, experiences, pros/cons, etc. Thanks in advance!

mom-in-waiting Guest

Default What stroller frames are compatible with Chicco KeyFit infant car seat?

The Chicco KeyFit seems like a great infant car seat, but I'm not finding many options for a compatible stroller frame. From the research that I've done, it seems as though the KeyFit is only compatible with Chicco's own Ct 0.1 stroller or as a part of their Cortina Travel System. Both of these seem to be large, heavy options...although apparently very well designed. (Maybe someone will convince me that these strollers are the way to go...)

Baby Bargains gives good marks to Chicco's own C5 lightweight stroller, but I don't think it can accomodate an infant car seat/carrier.

Has anyone found a compatible lightweight stroller/frame for the KeyFit? If not, we may choose a Graco SafeSeat or SnugRide because the Gracos appear to be compatible with a greater variety of lightweight strollers/frames.

I'd appreciate hearing back with any thoughts, experiences, pros/cons, etc. Thanks in advance!

Default RE: What stroller frames are compatible with Chicco KeyFit infant car seat?

My Key Fit worked great on a Kolcraft Universal 2, and someone else puts theirs on the Maclaren Traveler. While they may not be compatible and may not 'snap' into place, the important thing is that they are relatively sturdily sitting on the frame and the seatbelt is buckled on top of the seat. Chicco's coming out with a super brand new umbrella stroller that will take the Key Fit, but darned if I can't remember what it's called! The C1 is fantastic, though, might be worth the exra weight to get in and out of the trunk, and you can use it from birth (it's desirable to take babies out of the carseat for anything longer than a very short errand...keeps them from getting flat heads and whatnot)

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Default RE: What stroller frames are compatible with Chicco KeyFit infant car seat?

My Key Fit worked great on a Kolcraft Universal 2, and someone else puts theirs on the Maclaren Traveler. While they may not be compatible and may not 'snap' into place, the important thing is that they are relatively sturdily sitting on the frame and the seatbelt is buckled on top of the seat. Chicco's coming out with a super brand new umbrella stroller that will take the Key Fit, but darned if I can't remember what it's called! The C1 is fantastic, though, might be worth the exra weight to get in and out of the trunk, and you can use it from birth (it's desirable to take babies out of the carseat for anything longer than a very short errand...keeps them from getting flat heads and whatnot)

mom-in-waiting Guest

Julie,

You have been a wealth of information to me over the course of the past month! Thanks again for yet another response to one of my posts...and kudos again to your wonderful website.

I will check out the two stroller frames you mentioned. And, along with everyone else, I will wait for Chicco to come out with their new batch of products.

mom-in-waiting Guest

Julie,

You have been a wealth of information to me over the course of the past month! Thanks again for yet another response to one of my posts...and kudos again to your wonderful website.

I will check out the two stroller frames you mentioned. And, along with everyone else, I will wait for Chicco to come out with their new batch of products.

Ah thanks, I'm just freshly exiting the baby stage, so it's all on my mind (keep picking my brain when it comes to convertible seats later, I'm shopping for one this summer, lol).

I wish I could take credit for cpsafety, but someone much smarter than me is in charge of it (I bet she gets the most hits on my kid's picture, though, lol).

Good luck!!! (Hurry up Chicco!!!!...oh, they have a great highchair, to, lol).

Ah thanks, I'm just freshly exiting the baby stage, so it's all on my mind (keep picking my brain when it comes to convertible seats later, I'm shopping for one this summer, lol).

I wish I could take credit for cpsafety, but someone much smarter than me is in charge of it (I bet she gets the most hits on my kid's picture, though, lol).

Good luck!!! (Hurry up Chicco!!!!...oh, they have a great highchair, to, lol).

These are not frames, but the Chicco Keyfit fits great in the Inglesina Zippy and even the Phil & Ted Sport using the bumper/napper bar, without using the actual car seat adapter. Our friends have used theirs Keyfit with a Kolcraft Universal without incident.

HTH,
    Kimberly

These are not frames, but the Chicco Keyfit fits great in the Inglesina Zippy and even the Phil & Ted Sport using the bumper/napper bar, without using the actual car seat adapter. Our friends have used theirs Keyfit with a Kolcraft Universal without incident.

HTH,
    Kimberly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast