Default What LIGHTWEIGHT double for 4mo and 2.5 yo?

I need help from all the stroller savvy people! Please!

This would be a strictly indoor mall-setting stroller. So I have little need for a canopy, air tires, boots, infant head supports, etc...

Basically, I am looking for a lightweight stroller with an easy fold, reclining seats, and decent sized baskets (isn't everyone?). I am considering a Combi SBS, the Inglesina Twin Swift and some other lightweight SBS I can't think of right now. I don't want something junky as I am used to my Macs, Zoopers, and MBUD. But I don't want to spend a lot on something with features I don't need. There's so much new stuff out there (like the Joovy) I'd love some guidance on what's cool/cute/crap.

Edited to clarify

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default RE: What LIGHTWEIGHT double for 4mo and 2.5 yo?

The Aria Twin might work for you.

Personally, I don't like Combi's, they are too short for me (5'9"). I don't like the Aria, just not my style. I'd go with the Twin Swift, but its also got the highest handles of the lightweight doubles (which is important to me) -- it depends on your height.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

I thought Arias weren't so great for steering and comfort. Wonder if that's changed... I'm 5'4"

I'd love to try a Swift but my BRU doesn't have them, I am not close to a Right Start or Galt Toys, and I don't know what other places have them!

RJPO is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

We have the Aria Twin for our 11 month old and 2 1/2 year old.

We don't like it very much. It folds up easily and is light, but the little plastic wheels stink. It's difficult to make a turn on anything but the smoothest surface. We're probably a little spoiled because our other twin stroller is a Jane Powertwin, with nice air-filled wheels. Unfortunately, the Powertwin is too heavy to just stick in the car for quick trips.

We're keeping the Aria Twin only because our toddler doesn't like to be in a stroller much anyway, so it seems like a waste to buy a new double when his stroller days are almost over. But I wish I'd gone with something different. A Maclaren, maybe. The trouble is, so few places have a good selection of double strollers on the market ... we bought the Aria Twin online, without a test drive