Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    evansdad Guest

Default RE: Kiddy Guard Gate

Rachel, can you tell me about how you installed the gate? Specifically, what ends up on the wall on each side? My wife is wary of this gate, but I think it looks perfect for our needs.

thanks!

rpwexler Guest

Evan's dad,
    My husband actually installed it, so bear with me, but I'll try to explain what it looks like. We installed it at the top of the stairs. If your at the top looking down, the "wound up" portion that contains the actual gate is attached to the bannister on the left. Our bannisters are square, so it's actually on the flat side facing the wall at the top of the stairs. So, the gate pulls across from left to right and the piece it attachs to is affixed to molding on the right. It happens to be doorway molding, since our bedroom door is right there at the top of the stairs. We attached it to the wide flat piece of molding. That way, when it comes down, we can just replace the molding instead of trying to repair holes in the wall. Good luck! I hope this helps. Tell your wife it's a wonderful gate, and very unobtrusive when not in use.

dbercik Guest

Hi Dave,
    Was wondering if you still have these web sites available or ph #'s? I would like to get one of these gates. Do you own one?
    Thanks,
    Kelli

>I have just found a number of sites in the UK that have this
    >gate in stock and will ship to the US. The price is much
    >less there, so even with shipping, it is comparable to the
    >US.
    >
    >Let me know if you are interested. I have emails in to 4 or
    >5 stores to confirm the shipping cost.
    >
    >dave

evansdad Guest

Kelli -

We do own one of these gates, and I'm strongly thinking about buying a few more. I just learned that I-mom.com, a website in the US, will have these in stock next week at $99, which is a good price. If I order more, I will likely do is in the US.

Good luck!

Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2