Thread: safety gates

Gabby29 Guest

Default safety gates

Does anyone have any info/feedback on either the First years "hands free" gate (it uses a foot pedal), or the Evenflo "walk thru" gate. both recieved good response on babies 'r' us site, but I'm still curious if they are good gates.

KCR4 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: safety gates

I am just starting to look at gates this week. Yesterday I attended a lecture by an E.R. nurse who has a "Dr Babyproofer" side business. He recommended gates by Kidco, North States and Gates for Tots. I found Kidco and North States gates today at Babies R Us and on the Internet. I haven't bought anything yet though. Good luck!

Lucy Guest

We recently installed 2 Hands Free gates by The First Years and love them! So easy to instal and use. EEven with extensions, they have proven to be rock solid. Before we bought ours, we did hear complaints about the foot pedals being prone breaking but The First years say they have fixed that problem.

jilldave Guest

I have 3 wooden Kidco gates installed on my stairs and would recommend them to anyone. My husband customized the installation to fit our stair rails, but Kidco sells installation kits that go with the gates. The best deal I found was thru Baby Warehouse. I think they were $55 with free shipping. I had no problems with Baby Warehouse and have ordered a couple other things from them as well.

walda Guest

what is the URL for baby warehouse? when i typed that in, it took me to babystyle.

TIA!!
    -walda