momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Button guards for projection T.V. - Does this product exist?

Alan, Denise, please help! We just bought a large projection TV that has a panel of buttons about 1 foot up from the floor. Naturally, we have had the TV about 4 hours now and our 10 month-old immediately crawled over to it and started to press the buttons. On our old TV, which fit on top of a stand, we had a wonderful plastic TV guard that fit under the TV and wrapped around the front to cover the buttons. However, because the new TV is free-standing, this solution will no longer work. PLEASE tell me that a product exists for this type of TV or I will go nuts trying to keep my dd from touching those ever-alluring buttons! Thank you!
    -Lauren

Default RE: Button guards for projection T.V. - Does this product exist?

Lauren,

Thanks for using our message boards!

Excellent question! We haven't seen a specific product for your dilemma yet on the market. Although you'd think someone would have thought of it. Are the buttons easy to see (colored or sticking out)? If so, you might want to use black electrical tape to make them blend in more with the TV set.

Anything else we can think of can't be attached to the TV, might be knocked over or would block the remote.

If any of our other readers have run across this problem and found a solution, please post!

Best wishes,

alan and denise fields
    authors, BABY BARGAINS

evansdad Guest

Default RE: Button guards for projection T.V. - Does this product exist?

Our low tech solution... we put an ottoman in front of the tv.