Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    PJAlama Guest

Default RE: Cats and new baby...

I don't know how the original poster feels about it, but putting cats' dishes on the counter wouldn't work for me...not after spending the last 2 years teaching the cats NOT to eat things on counters and tables. That would confuse the hell out of them. I'm still trying to figure out what I'll do when two-legged baby joins the 4-legged "babies."

Pauline
    "Literature is mostly about having sex and not about having babies. Real life is the other way around." -- David Lodge

peterkin Guest

Default RE: Cats and new baby...

We installed a $19 wooden screen door in addition to the regular door -- based on the idea we got from this list. It's worked great (dd is 10 months, still works great). We painted the wooden door to look really cute. We leave the regular door slightly ajar at night and latch the wooden door, so we can peek in. But actually our cats have shown very little interest in the nursery -- never tried to jump into the crib even before DD was born. (And now that she's moving, they keep their distance! but have been surprisingly well-behaved and patient with her.)

As for other cat issues -- pet dishes and litter boxes -- we're still stumped, but as DD has just started crawling, we have to deal with that soon!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3