ThirtySmthing Guest

Default Gate attachment that wraps around banister?

I may be making this up but I think I saw a stairway gate with a wrap around attachment?? I have two banisters at the top of the stairs and I do not want to drill into them. Is there sometype of secure strap that attaches the gate to the banister??

Thanks!

michlee Guest

Default RE: Gate attachment that wraps around banister?

You might be thinking of the Kidco gate installation kit.

Basically, it is a long thin piece of wood (1 1/2" by 3/4" and 34" tall) that it secured to your banister using 2 plastic ties. If you have two banisters you'll need two kits, which cost about $10 each. Or you can try and find everything you need at a hardward store. Instead of drilling into your banister, you drill into the wood. It works great. The Kidco Web site has more information (www.kidco.com)

-Michelle

schums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Gate attachment that wraps around banister?

You can find these at BRU in the baby gate aisle. We looked at them a few weeks ago (one was open on the shelf), and my husband wasn't too impressed with the quality or the price. He was able to make the same thing for less $$ and better material without too much trouble.

Sarah
    Sarah
    Mom to Alex (2002) and Catherine (2003)

"The challenge of parenting isn't shaping your kids to be what you want, it's shaping yourself to be what your kids need." - Wellyes