cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default book or website for babyproofing??? or professional service?

Is there a good book or website you can direct me to regarding babyproofing....Or in the long run is it worth the money to get the baby proofing done professionally?? My neighbor had it done and she feels it was worth it b/c her husband travels and realy did not want to spend his wkend doing this. My dh does not travel but works really late hours so our wkends are really precious....

BTW, we have a big house 3500 sq fee and 2 stories soo we need to do quite a bit to baby proof
    thanks

sunny2003 Guest

Default RE: book or website for babyproofing??? or professional service?

Hi there - can't help you on getting a pro to help -we are not at that stage yet but Blue Cross just sent me this book that seems pretty basic http://www.safebeginnings.com/WebCom...=Childproofing

also, the web-site www.safebeginnings.com sells a lot of baby proofing supplies.

HTH!

Viv
    Mommy to Kayley born on 4/28/03

LisaS Guest

Default RE: book or website for babyproofing??? or professional service?

http://www.iafcs.com/custom.asp?id=127152&page=1

Above is the link to the International Assoc. for Child Safety -- they have a listing of all certified BabyProofers -- you should be able to find someone in your area through them. I would also treat the process like you would to hire anyone who does work in your home -- meet with several, see who you like and trust most and who gives you the best estimate and then go for it.

Also, just for ideas, DrBabyproofer.com and MrBabyproofer.com are both good ideas.

I actually tried to find a babyproofer 8 months ago, but unfortunately, there are none in my area. I am planning to hire somebody to baby(toddler)proof my new home when I move in a few months. I think it will be $ well spent and one less project for me and DH.

Good luck.