Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: How do we protect our Christmas tree from a curious 9 month old?

You won't believe this, but probably 40 or 50 years ago my mom's "eccentric aunt" did the upside down tree thing and it's still memorable...LOL

Anyway, we put our tree in a room that can be gated off if necessary. I will probably also take some clear fishing line and tie it to the walls in the middle (it's in a corner) so that if something happens it won't land on Ds and injure him.

muskiesusan is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My uncle did an upside down tree about 40 years ago as well! My mom said it was really neat, but my Grandma wasn't very happy with him (it was in her house).

We anchor our tree to the wall. Last year Nick was 14 months and actually pretty much left the tree alone, much to our surprise as he was/is into everything. With him anyway, putting a gate around things makes him more interested, so like last year, I am just putting it up as normal and then babyproofing if needed.

Susan
    Mom to Nicholas 10/01/01
    & Baby #2 due 4/23/04!!!!

ak_becky_book Guest

I put my tree on a card table. My walking, grabbing one year old child can reach up on the table, and get anything on the low branches that hangs down (I had to rescue a candy cane). But, it keeps her out of it and is still very pretty. It would look better if the table was nicer (but I am very frugal and am not buying a new table), the presents totally cover the table anyways. I arrange the presents on the table with the heavy big ones on the reachable edge(she can't get them if they are not hand holdable or grabable).

I looked and did not see the table solution, so I thought I would post it. The upside down tree looks and sounds cool, but I was lucky to get the right side up tree done.

Happy Holidays

Rebecca
    Mom to Samantha
    12/1/02

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3