Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default RE: YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS IDEA!!!!

I've been imagining it with lower ceilings, and I bet if it is not upside down it would look funny...I imagine it would look like it was hanging just a foot off the ground and that the "base" was missing (but I don't know just trying to imagine in my head)...

But I think upsdie down it would marvelous if the "peak" was low to the ground. I really am hoping to get a picture, I jsut don't get out there much to where it is at, but would love to show the picture of it, it is gorgeous!!!
    Neve
    AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
    and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
    Feb 25, 2003
    Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

KimberleyDawn Guest

NEVE!!!
    <rant beginning>
    STOP TEASING US AND GET A PICTURE!!!!! I NEED YOU TO GET ONE SO PEOPLE STOP LOOKING AT ME WEIRD WHEN I SUGGEST IT!!!!!!
    <rant over>
    Love ya,
    Kim

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

We're on our way out...we'll take our camera...I assume this gal will let me take a picture of it...I'll have one up today!!!
    We're heading to DC tonight so I won't be around for the conversation that proceeds...:)but I'll make DH take a picture (I don't know how to upload pics so I'll need him to help)...:)
    Neve
    Feb 25, 2003

JenaW is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

OMG I am so excited. Kim, I am right there with you...my husband looked at me as if I WAS upside down when I mentioned it. He thought I was insane. I can not wait to see this pic!!! Neve, you are the best. I hope she lets you snap a pic!

Jera
    Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default I GOT PICTURES!!!!!!!

I so hope they do it justice, they were very nice when I told them I had folks telling me "produce a picutre" :)...they laughed and said "of course" !!!! So I hope these pics do it justice, Steve had to use his camcorder because his media card to his camera is acting up. So the quality is not as good.
    This is our first attempt at shutterfly too...I think the picutre of it in it's entirty is the last picture. She did give us specific info on how to hang if anyone is interested (we taped it on camera) :)...

Here you go...again I hope this does it justice. She said they coat it with ornaments so an expensive tree is not necessary!!!! She said this is one is from Micheals!!!!

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...28e413&notag=1

I jsut looked at the pics and the qulaity really does not do it justice but I hope you can tell what it kind of looks like. They have it over a small table!!! :)

Neve
    Feb 25, 2003

JenaW is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: I GOT PICTURES!!!!!!!

AAAAAGH! Can someone tell me why I can't see them. I follow the link to the first page where the one is and it says view pictures. Then I click on that, and it goes to the page with all four as thumbnails. But when I try to click on the thumbnails to make them bigger or view as a slideshow, it goes to the login page. SO I login, and then it goes to MY albums, and I still can't see Neve's pictures. HELP!

BTW< thank you Neve!
    Jera
    Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03

Denyse Guest

Default RE: How do we protect our Christmas tree from a curious 9 month old?

I haven't gotten to read the other replies but our creative solution is to set the tree up in the pack n play. :) He never uses it anyhow. The bottom branches will be squished but he still gets the benefit of seeing a beautiful tree (top, at least) with twinkling lights. :)

s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default RE: How do we protect our Christmas tree from a curious 9 month old?

I think the easiest solution is to simply fence in your tree (instead of putting the playard around the baby, set it up around the tree :) ).

We may also do something similar to what we do simply to keep our cats away from the tree...we raise the tree up about 2 1/2 feet off the floor so it's setting on a large box platform (that I've wrapped in Cmas paper). But, that said, I know not everyone has ceilings high enough to allow something like that (ours are over 18 feet in the living room)--that's why I think fencing in the tree is the easiest option.

Jennifer

Annalia 03/03/03

KimberleyDawn Guest

Neve & Steve,
    Thank you soooooo much! It really is a beautiful tree! I don't think we can pull it off with our 7 foot ceilings but you could. Are you going to give it a try?
    Kim

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

I'm glad you can see it- I was worried that our first attempt at shutterfly was not working, but it seemed to work when we logged on...

We are going to do it, but I don't know if this year...I think we need a lot of ornaments to pull it off and we have so few, but after chrsitams we want to purchase a 12 foot faux tree to do it with. And then purchase our ornaments too. I so know the colors and the look I want so that will help to get after chrsitmas prices. But I love the look!!!

Neve
    Feb 25, 2003

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast