ncmommy Guest

Default Tot Locks Driving Me Crazy!

Ok...DH finally installed our cabinet locks...we went with the tot locks because they get such great reviews. Most of them work great, but for some strange reason, two of them don't work very well. Sometimes they work, other times they don't. The problem isn't the little cushy pads on the cabinet doors - Even with the door open the magnet key doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem?? I'm thinking that maybe these two are defective?? Could it just be an installation problem??

amp Guest

Default RE: Tot Locks Driving Me Crazy!

We used these when I worked in a daycare. Two of them didn't work. One I had to fight to get it open. The other, if you yanked the cabinet door hard enough, it opened without the tot lock! I don't plan to use these when we childproof the cabinets (which could be any day now). Not sure what we'll end up with though.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Tot Locks Driving Me Crazy!

Unfortunately, you need to remove those protector pads.

We have a couple cabinets where to get the magnet to engage, you have to push the cabinet door in slightly. Try that on the two tricky ones.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)