vikivoly Guest

Default "No Hole Mount" for banister

Thanks to another post I found this product for using gates with banisters. Has anyone tried it?

http://www.babygates.com/WebComponen...=Childproofing

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE:

I haven't tried this, but it should work for you. Even better, send DH to Home Depot and he can buy the supplies himself for a lot less money!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default RE: "No Hole Mount" for banister

Yep, that's why I posted the link in that other thread! ;)

We used two of the kits, both for the round on top/square on bottom mount. They worked perfectly well for us, however, if you have some basic wood working equipment I completely agree that you can make the system yourself for a lot less $. If you are only needing the mounting system for a square top and bottom (no round post), it would be REALLY easy to whip this system up yourself. If you need a round mount, then you'd have to be able to round out pieces for fitting over the round post (easy if you have the right equip.) We didn't have the equip. or the time, so we opted to just buy the kits.

If you order the systems directly from www.safebeginnings.com (they own Babygates.com anyway), you can use the 20% off discount code someone else posted in the bargains area ( http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...ng_type=search ) I actually used it on the babygates.com site, but then when I received my order there was a little "message" on the invoice saying that for "future reference" the code could ONLY be used on the safebeginnings.com website.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

HTH,
    Jennifer
    Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03