Erika600 Guest

Default water dispenser guards?

Has anyone seen a way to baby-proof a water dispenser? The kind of water dispenser where you put those big 5 gallon jugs on top? I've seen where you can buy the dispensers which have some sort of child-lock on the hot water side. We don't even have hot water on ours, but I'd love to put something on it so DS can't "play" with the water! I've been looking all over for 18 months now...just thought I'd ask here, too!
    Thanks!
    Erika

slknight is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: water dispenser guards?

Hmm. We've got a water cooler, but we technically rent it from Poland Springs. I just asked my delivery guy, and he had a childproof spout I could put on the cold. I wonder if all of the water dispensers are a standard size and I could get you one?

Erika600 Guest

I would love if you could! I would guess they're pretty much a standard size, and I doubt they cost that much...so I'd be willing to give it a shot! Do they sell them to people who rent their coolers? Actually, if you are able to get them easily, I'd buy 2 of them, since we have two spouts. Thanks so much for helping!
    Erika

deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

How weird, I just asked my water delivery guy for one yesterday, and he's going to bring me one. But before that I told him not to come for 4 weeks because we're kind of stocked up, so I might drive over to their office to get one. I don't know how much it would cost, he didn't mention - and I don't rent my cooler from them, as we already had one we bought at Sam's Club a long time ago (one of those ceramic crock thingies)

You might be able to buy it from any of the water delivery suppliers, even if you don't have an account with them.
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

Erika600 Guest

Thanks girls! You know, I never even thought to ask the company that delivers the water! We don't rent the cooler either, but we get the water delivered every month. I'm going to call today and ask if they sell them. I have looked all over in stores and online, but never thought to ask the water delivery company! :)

slknight is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

When I asked for mine, they didn't even charge me for it. Of course they charge me enough for the water, but I digress. ;) I can try and ask for some more, but the water guy just came this week so it will be a few more weeks.

Erika600 Guest

Thanks Susan, I'm going to try and ask my water guy too. I'll let you know what happens. I'm going to try to call today. I agree about paying enough for the water, they ought to give you those for free!

Erika600 Guest

Just wanted to let you girls know that I called the company we use to deliver our water and they do have the child-proof spouts and are going to bring them to me at our next delivery!! Thank you so much for the idea! I am so relieved to have finally found them! :)