Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bina Guest

Default RE: Is Ikea Patrull Fast gate the same as Kidco Safeway Gate?

This gate does have little pieces that fit into the hardware that prevent the gate from swinging one way in theory. I have an IKEA patruls gate at the bottom of the stairs, so have not used this feature. The gate I have is not the one that's listed online, it's one that can only be found in the stores. It is a natural wood color, and opens up larger than the white gate (only 31 or so inches wide), and it's $35. We are happy with the gate.

babymama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default UPDATE! Ikea Patrull - wider versions available IN STORE

We installed IKEA gates at the top and bottom of stairs about 2 weeks ago. We're loving them so far. The one called Patrull-Fast ($19.99)is made for narrow doorways. I was pleased to find a wider-doorways gate in store at IKEA. It's called Patrull or Patrull-something else ($35). It's made of wood, can be adjusted to swing either out or in, has a very easy to operate gate handle/lock. They also sell some made of metal (can't remember the name! - ugh!). The handle/lock on the metal gate was even EASIER to operate, but I decided on wood vs. metal, simply for aesthetics. Gate-extensions were available for the metal gate and I think also available for the wooden gates - to customize for your doorways.

We also bought another babyproofing item in the Patrull line - don't know what to call them, but they prevent doors from slamming on baby's fingers.

Can't stress enough how much we love the IKEA gates I was very nervous about buying them bc our nearest IKEA is 4 hours away, and my DH is not an IKEA fan (he thinks their assembly instructions suck). DH surprisingly thought the gates were very easy to install. I think they're attractive. I feel like I got a great bargain by not having to pay $60 a pop for our gates.

Lydia
    Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03
    http://lilypie.com/baby1/041116/0/6/1/-6/.png

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2