pixelprincess Guest

Default How many keys for tot locks?

Ds figured out the Safety First latches in our kitchen and is having lots of fun pulling everything out. A few days back he yanked out and spilled my hard-to-find coconut milk powder...so I decided that something needs to be done. Also, dh (who doesn't cook or use the kitchen much) is bugging me to take some action.

I am thinking tot locks...unless there is a better solution. What do you think?

Are there mulitple keys to keep track off?
    Also does there need to be a lock on each side of a cabinet with two doors?

hmnn...i am worried that I am going to lose the keys and DS will get to have the last laugh.

s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default RE: How many keys for tot locks?

The number of keys really depends on how many you want to have. We have three keys, with one upstairs and two downstairs. One is really our backup key incase one of the others goes missing. But, we ALWAYS keep the keys in a specific spot so they don't go wandering throughout the house and get lost. Of course I can't tell you how many times I've closed a cabinet door and had a slight panic sensation thinking I might have just locked the key inside the cabinet...but I never have.

For cabinets with two doors, you do have to have two separate locks so one can lock each door.

HTH,
    Jennifer
    Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03