PattiB Guest

Default Garbage can in nursery

This must be a pretty dumb question because I can't find anyone else with this problem. What do people use as garbage pails in the nursery? Do you just not have one there? Hannah for some reason is very much attracted to the one in her room and is always pulling it over - and often there are little plastic tags in there from her clothes, or other stuff I wouldn't want her to get at. Hasn't been much of a problem so far because she's in daycare full-time and in the evenings is not in her nursery much except to sleep. As I'm writing this, I'm realizing the easiest solution would be to just not have one in her room, and to bring any trash into another room. But does anyone have a pail in the nursery that the baby can't get into?

Thx

amp Guest

Default RE: Garbage can in nursery

We use the Diaper Champ, so DS can't get into it, although he does enjoy flipping the chute around.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Yes, if you use a diaper pail and disposable diapers, you can just put your garbage in there.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We just pulled the trash can out of DD nursery for the same reason. Like a prior post suggested, I'm just using the diaper champ for everything.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

PattiB Guest

OK, how dumb do I feel???? I can't believe I didn't think about using the Diaper Dekor we have....what an idiot. I was so focused on this little problem that I don't look at the big picture. Good thing I have a board to bounce things off of. The garbage can goes out of the room tonight!!

Patty

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Don't worry about it. It took me days to figure it out too. I took the trash can out of DD's room the day before you posted this. Luckily, it will look charming in "her" bathroom which didn't have one.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Don't feel dumb ... I've been wondering this same thing too and can't believe that I didn't think of just using our diaper champ as a trash can. Now I'm thinking - doh!!!

What's obvious to one person isn't obvious to another person. That's what's so great about this board.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

In case there is anyone out there who doesn't have a commercial diaper pail in their nursery (maybe changes the baby elsewhere?), I've found that the Sterlite plastic trashcans with lids sold at Target work well. Very popular on the Baby Butts board for CD mommies. I think the largest is around $7. I actually use one as my trash can/disposable diaper pail. If you knock it over, the lid doesn't come off. But a clever toddler could figure out how to push the button to make the lid pop up.

Cynthia
    Mom to Julianna 9/03