Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Supermarket cart cover reviews?

Hi all-- I was the OP and had totally forgotten to post a follow-up. THANK YOU to all who rec'd Cathy at Sew Cute Boutique. I am so happy not to have to touch the carts or have DD put her mouth directly on them!

The e-mail I sent to her (copied below) illustrates how pleased I am with it.
    Cathy responded that she does offer gift certificates.

Hi Cathy-
    Sorry it's taken me so long to say THANK YOU for the
    beautiful cart cover.
    I ordered the red "Happy Bee" a month or so ago. I
    admittedly don't go shopping much as I just got to use
    it this past weekend.

Wow! I couldn't "bee" happier. Even on a rainy day at
    crowded Target, I was able to navigate the aisles with
    a smile on my face and a happy baby. I'd say the only
    downside to having the cart cover is all the stares,
    "ooh that's so cute"s, and women saying to their
    husbands, "I want one of THOSE!" I didn't want to
    acknowledge that I was hearing their private
    conversations, but I do have your cards if anyone asks
    me directly where I got it.

I firmly believe that you are a genius. No more cart
    in one hand, stroller in the other! Oh, and I should
    add that the Happy Bee looked especially good on the
    red Target cart -- like it was part of the cart!

Do you sell gift certificates? I'd love to be able to
    give your cart cover as a gift without assuming I'd
    pick a friend's favorite pattern.
    Fancy Nancy 8/04
    Snuggle Puppy 5/07
    "You know, you really wear me out. But I love you anyway."

mama2zoe Guest

I received "The Bilby" from my mom-in-law that is used as a shopping cart cover and high chair cover. It's very easy to use and costs around $30. You can search "bilby cart cover" to find lots of sites.

Default Buggy bagg great, too

I have not seen or heard of this but I received my Buggy Bagg almost one month ago and LOVE IT!!! DS is only 5 months old and not sitting up unassisted yet, so I just turn him sideways and let him lounge in the cart, rather than having to put him in his snugride in the cart. This cover has so much padding, has the pillow which is very nice for propping DS, and zips up for easy storage, too. I can hold DS and still be able to open this up in the shopping cart.

I received mine for $52.95 w/ free shipping...money well spent.

MIchelle

indigokat Guest

Default RE: Buggy bagg great, too

I just wanted to rave about the Buggy Bagg too. My girlfriend's have all different variations of the shopping cart covers - both namebrands or handmade versions and they are all jealous of the padding, extra fabric (to fit over those large carts at Target and Home Depot) that the Buggy Bagg has.

AND it is the only one with a velcro piece of padding that goes around the metal bar between your babies legs. This is the spot that most of these types of covers do not properly pad or cover at all -- and if you think about it that is the place that would be the germiest (previous users diaper explosion) or the coldest (metal bar).

I also get stopped all the time with people asking where I got the cover. It has so much more padding than they have seen elsewhere. And this is especially important for us because our daughter likes to rock back and forth.

Another vote for sewcuteboutique here. A fantastic WAHM. I think it's an incredible value for such a customized, well-made product.

As for the PP's comment about other shopping cart covers not covering the bar between the legs... I'm not sure what you're talking about exactly..... the sewcute one covers *everything*. It completely encloses the interior and exterior of the car/highchair (there are two holes for baby's legs to go through).

helaina Guest

I have the $35 deluxe shopping cart cover from this store: http://store.onlinestores.com/deshcacoonst.html

It fits on all grocery carts except those for Target for some reason. It's too bulky to go on a high chair, so I have the separate Fisher Price high chair cover for that. I like that my cart cover is water resistant, which is helpful when the carts are wet from being out in the rain.

Can you lay a baby in it? I have a 2 month old and have fallen in love with the flower power fabric.
    Angie

Default RE: Buggy bagg great, too

Add me in as another Buggy Bagg fan! I got mine for $50 online and it was worth every penny.

I was going to buy from Cathy at SewCuteBoutique, but waited too long to order, and she had stopped taking orders until after the New Year. I couldn't wait that long, so I did some web research and bought a Buggy Bag. I love it- couldn't be happier.

I got a good deal (I think through Yahoo shopping) and when I compared what a paid without shipping to the cost of the one Cathy was going to make (I was looking at an upgraded fabric) it was only about $6 more. I'm sure I would have been just as happy with Cathy's as everyone else was- I was just in a time crunch, but it turned out okay because I'm so pleased with what I ended up with.

nicosmom Guest

We received two as shower gifts for DD. One was a Floppy seat and the other was made my Bilby. Both are similar and I was happy with both.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2