NoemiArthur Guest

Default Baby gate for open stairway

Does any one know of any kind of baby gate or barrier for an open staircase? One of those staircases in the middle of a room that has no sides to attach a conventional gate to.

Thanks,

EDD 5/24/05

Default RE: Baby gate for open stairway

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're talking about - maybe post a picture?
    Here's a suggestion taht I have: http://www.onestepahead.com/product/34185/298/117.html
    We almost bought it for our house - to block off our weird stairs AND the entry way (yucky shoes) we'd attach it to one wall near the door and have the gate go all the way around to the side of our stairs. But it would probably have been very expensive to do so many pieces! It's worth a shot if there is no other way!
    Good luck!
    Caroline
    Kaylin 6/5/04

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have a pressure mounted gate that is between two ballusters.

Maybe if you post a pic we can give you some better suggestions.

~ deb
    DS 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

amp Guest

I can't help with the gate issue, but I can tell you that we managed to get by without ever having a gate. Certainly, get one if you find something you like that works, but if not, you can keep an eye on your kid, and they will learn to climb at an early age. I just wanted you to know that not all of us used gates.

I recently had trouble finding gates for my staircase(one side had an open wall) and I called safe beginnings. They were very helpful and found a solution for my staircase. You can get the number from the website safebeginnings.com.

Missy