Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default UPDATED: IKEA Gates - Discontinued?

UPDATE: I went to the Houston IKEA last week and they have the hardware mounted gate, but no pressure gates. The sales person said that they have had trouble with the supplier and that they can't get stock in. She also mentioned that they were going to change some of the gates to different ones and that nobody really knows what is going to happen. I picked up a hardware gate, because it is such a bargain at $20, but really wanted the pressure gate for a friend.

----------

We are no where near an IKEA, but will be going to a town with one. I was looking on their website for the PATRULL Gates and can't find them anymore. Are they still around?

I was really hoping to find an alternative to another KidCo...

Default RE: IKEA Gates - Discontinued?

Can you call that IKEA and ask? FWIW I tried looking online for them about six months ago and couldn't find them online either.

Good luck, I still absolutely love all of mine,
    Jan

SuenosDelMar Guest

They had several of their gates deeply discounted this summer, so maybe they are discontinuing them????

FWIW, I looked for them a couple of months ago at our local Ikea store (Elizabeth, NJ) and couldn't find the gates anywhere.

We were just up at the new haven CT store and they DO have gates there.. its a pretty new store too, so I wasn't under the impression that they were being d/c'd...and i never could find them online either, FWIW!!! hth!
    Holly~Attached mama to Aiden, my happy Pirate & Lillian, my spirited Mermaid fairy
    Cancer survivor!!!! No Evidence of Disease, now and forever!!!

sorry for duplicates... computer acting funny
    Holly~Attached mama to Aiden, my happy Pirate & Lillian, my spirited Mermaid fairy

We were just up at the new haven CT store and they DO have gates there.. its a pretty new store too, so I wasn't under the impression that they were being d/c'd...and i never could find them online either, FWIW!!! hth!

melbb is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Someone posted this link in a thread back in July: http://tinyurl.com/a7wyx
    About a month ago I went to this link and found Patrull gates listed and could check inventories. But now at the link, there is no listing for Patrull. So maybe they don't make them anymore. If so, that bums me out, because I wanted to get some.

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My guess is that they're introducing a new version of the gates and they haven't been stocked yet. I've noticed a few of my perennial Ikea favourites in other departments go missing only to reappear later with a new name ...
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast