Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    HawkeyeGal Guest

Default RE: IKEA Gates - Discontinued?

Does IKEA have all their inventory on their site? I was under the impression that they didn't put everything on their site to keep costs down (they sell the majority through the stores.) But I could be wrong. Maybe you will find one when you visit the store. Could you call ahead and ask? Good luck!

caheinz is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

There are a lot of things on the site that are "store only" -- you can see them, check the inventory at a store, but not buy them online.

But, no, not everything is there. There are soooo many items in the stores, I don't know how they could keep them online, too.

We just had a new store open up. I haven't noticed the gates there, but, then again, I wasn't looking. (We do have one of the Patrull gates, though, and find it to be a near copy of the KidCo!)

So, I do hope they haven't discontinued it!
    mommy to three boys: A, 3/04
    and identical twins B and D, arrived 9/08

Dee150 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I was at IKEA over the weekend (Schaumburg, IL) and they had the Patrull FAST gate and one other. One is a pressure mounted gate for really narrow openings (don't know the limits-sorry) and the other is a screw-in type. I have the Patrull Smidig which is a great pressure mounted gate that takes extensions. Has been working really well for us, but the sales associate said that its discontinued. From looking up stock in the computer, he said they didn't have any at the new Bolingbrook location either. I saw a huge pile (!) of the other 2 types I mentioned earlier in the post. HTH!

SJ mom is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

The Ikea in Paramus, NJ has them.
    Diane

Maria K is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Only 1/3rd of what's in the stores is available to buy either thru the catalog or online... we're still a brick & mortar company and the catalog is distributed more as advertising than for shopping.

Anyway, when I'm at work on Monday I will talk to the department mgr to see what I can find out about the gates.

- Maria

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2