leslieg818 Guest

Default 7 mo. old loves electrical wires...what can I get to cover them?

I thought I saw a cool product that covers electrical wires so babies can't get shocked if they chew on it. It was like a plastic sheath.

Do you guys know anything like that? How are you protecting your kids from electrical cords when they're not all together so you can use one of those big wire covers like you'd use for a stereo?

Thanks for any advice!

Any great safety websites you like?
    Leslie
    Tristan's mom (7 months old)
    So. Cal

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: 7 mo. old loves electrical wires...what can I get to cover them?

I can't find a pic online, but if there is an Ikea near you, they sell plastic cord covers (in black or white). They might in the section with electronics storage as well as the baby section.

For the most part, we unplugged the cords that were attached to things that we really didn't need to have plugged in 24/7, and tried to rearrange our furniture a little bit to hide a few other cords. My daughter wasn't so much into chewing cords, but for a while she was obsessed with unplugging cords and trying to plug them in - huge safety issue there. We bought a few of the swivel outlet covers for those locations. Her obsession with cords was only for a month or so, but now if she unplugs something without me knowing, at least she can't stick the plug back into the outlet!
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008