Default Best gate for the lowest price

We need about 4 gates for our new house and since we have just bought a house, we need to spend as little as possible and still get the job done. We don't need any stair gates and only two of them need to be easy enough to open that it is not troublesome to have them in a high traffic area. Any recs are appreciated!

o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Best gate for the lowest price

I would look for Kidco gates for the two that need to open. They will really last. If you are using them every day for the next year or two, you want some thing that will not make you mad. The Gateway or Center Gateway are two good walkthrough pressure mount gates. If you don't mind hardware mounted, the Safeway is a bit cheaper.

For the ones that don't need to open, the simple wood pressure gates are cheap and easy. They run about $10 each at BRU. That way you can spend your money on the ones that you will be using all the time.

Well, this is my third post about this gate, but I have really enjoyed it! We have the Evenflo Simple Effort gate. It is a pass through gate. It is pressure mounted and was EXTREMELY easy to install. It has a remote that is handy when you have a handful of toys, dishes, etc. The best part was the cost. It was less than $30 at Target. However, it does require batteries so your expense would be greater if you don't have the batteries already.

Congratulations on your new home!

hudsonam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have the $35-ish wooden gate by I think Evenflo. It can be used on stairs, but doesn't have to be of course. It's definitely a good gate for the price.

If you need so many, I suggest that you look on your local Craigslist. I have gotten my gates for $5 and $7. They are really nice ones, too!
    Jill
    Mama to Baby Max

http://b1.lilypie.com/VnnVm5/.png
    http://www.snugglepie.com/ezb/265055.png

aahuja Guest

Hi
    I saw ur post about the evenflo wooden gate...
    We just bought the same gate (based on consumer reports calling it a best buy)... Can I ask you if there is anything bad about this gate... or are you just very happy with it.. we still have to install ours..so ur opinion will be really valuable...
    thanks