aahuja Guest

Default Evenflo staircase gate.. any

Hi

Does anyone have any experience with top of teh stairs EVENFLO Secure solutions swing gate Model # 1050 thats available at BRU for $35? Consumers reports from Aug 2004 calls it a best buy. But, just wanted to know if someone has personal experience with it.. How do you like it? Is it easy to use, but still child-proof?

Thanks so much
    Anu

Default RE: Evenflo staircase gate.. any

This is the gate we purchased for the top of our stairs. We have had it for about 9 months and have been very pleased. It was easy to install and it is easy for us to latch closed. I really liked that it can swing out of the way or be removed altogether very easily if needed. It is also pretty unobtrusive in our kitchen (that is where our stairs to the basement are), since we can stain it to match the banister.
    Daniele
    mama to
    dd1 watching over her brothers and sister from Heaven
    ds1 13 years old
    dd2 10 years old
    ds2 6 years old
    Placenta Increta/c-hyst survivor

aahuja Guest

Default RE: Evenflo staircase gate.. any

Dear Daniele

Thanks so much for your response. I have been checking the forum everyday, disappointed that no one seemed to have used this gate. But, now I feel good about these gates. We will be using them a lot since they will be placed in our main stairway leading upto the bedrooms. Its good to know that you are very happy with it. Its a weight off my chest 'cos since we bought them, I have been thinking that may be we should have gone with the safeway gate from kidco since the BB book recommends that. I can't thank you enough.

Also, I am truly sorry about Kiely... and, congratulations for Logan... (figure its never too late to tell a mom what a good thing it is to have a lil sweetheart in your life...)

Thanks a ton..