Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: blocking off banister railings?

Thanks! I'll look for a "babyproofer" online. I wonder if they have a more professional title...

Default RE: Gates for top & bottom of stairway?

We installed hardware mounted gates at the top of our stairs only. The gate is only closed when DS is upstairs, so it hasn't been much of an inconvience.

We had pressure mounted gates that could have been used on the bottom of the stairs, but we never used one for that purpose. I'm glad we didn't install a hardware mounted gate there. The option of the gate was enough for us.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

That's a good idea, ours bangs when we open it too, but I think it's the metal part that sticks out that bangs.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If you want an inexpensive option to block off the space between banister railings, we have used the hard plastic from one step ahead, it is easy to cut to size, and comes with ties, it's pretty easy to install, you get a lot and it's not really noticeable. We have an house with railings that are quite far apart and the top of the landing overlooking our foyer and it works great. I had gone to look for plexiglass but this was way cheaper, about 35 dollars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2