I tried doing an advanced search on this topic and couldnt find exactly what I was looking for, maybe there is a way to start a Q&A topic on baby proofing in this forum, since I'm sure there are a TON of questions on this subject.

Anyway on to my question(s) or baby proofing 'problem areas':

(1) EVERY floor in my apartment is either marble or hard wood.

My temporary solution: Since DS began to roll around & crawl I bought playmats and have placed them in our already tiny living room (since that is where we spend the most time) and moved my copy table to behind the couch and against a wall. We have placed large pillows against all of the walls (in the play area) and DS still manages to fall back or forward and hit his head on the *hard* floor that is also covered by a rug.

Is there any better solution that I am not seeing? My poor Ds is consistently falling and I am truly trying so hard to not let him get hurt but he is a *very* active 9mo.

I think actually that this is my major concern but also have cabinets that I need to lock up and drawers to 'seal' as well as corners to cover any suggestions on the best baby proofing products and where I can find them? I have found a few products on Amazon that seem appropriate just looking for BTDT experience on the best products/brands etc. (The furniture with the corners would be an entertainment center and a coffee table).

Thank you all so much,