Default Child-Height Stair Railing?

Has anyone ever seen a stairway railing attachment for small children? Our playground has stair railings that are 2 heights - one standard height and one that is much lower for small children. DS is easily able to walk up and down the stairs with this railing. He can't "walk" up and down the stairs in our house, because he cannot reach the railing, so he has to crawl or scoot. I was hoping there might be some sort of railing attachment that would create a lower, toddler-size railing, but I can't find such a thing. Can anyone suggest something?
    Robin

Mommy to Tristan 10/11/05 and Parker 10/31/08

Default RE: Child-Height Stair Railing?

Yes, we have one on our stair railing (our main railing is wall-attached). It actually attaches with braces that are attached by drilling to the bottom of your existing rail (wooden), then there are pads on the braces that lean against the wall. So you don't actually have to put another set of holes in your wall. Ours is about 1 foot lower than the adult railing. I don't remember the exact brand that we have, but a quick search of the internet indicates ours is probably the Kidco CareRails™ Stairway Rail Mount Kit. This looks like it (though our rail is oak stained, not painted white):

http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com...rchedProduct=t

Cynthia

Default RE: Child-Height Stair Railing?

Thanks! I had done a search, but I couldn't find anything. That's exactly what I was looking for
    Robin

Mommy to Tristan 10/11/05 and Parker 10/31/08