Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    greyhound mom Guest

Default RE: Does anybody have experience with babycatalog.com?

I haven't ordered anything from them and probably won't. I had a question about a Dutailier Glider--I saw at Babies R Us. I called to find out if they could get it. The woman I spoke with promised to call me back the next day. I never heard from her. I then emailed them through their site, on a Friday, heard back from them on Tuesday--via email. They said they would let me know (within 48 hours), what Dutailier said--if it was exclusive to "BRUS" or not. That was a week ago and still no word from babycatalog. In my book that is crappy customer service. I don't care if they are cheaper, if they can't or won't answer your questions BEFORE you buy what would they be like if something went wrong after you bought. just my humble opinion.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. I've had a different expeirence with them. I have had a few questions about products and have always gotten quick and helpful e-mail responses (within 24 hours). I ordered a Dutalier glider rocker from them at the end of Jan. when they were having their 10% off sale; it hasn't arrived yet, but when it does, I'll post again and let you know how it went.

Lisa

Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

alexsharp Guest

I just ordered an adapter bar for my peg perego stroller on 2/20, 2/21 they sent me an email saying that it was backordered 2-3 weeks. No big deal (don't need it until May) but I sure hope it comes in that time period. Hopefully it will show up like it did for the previous poster who said her item was backordered and showed up 2 days later. I will keep you posted. I can tell you that I have had great experiences with dmart.com (got there from yahoo!shopping) and babyuniverse. I ordered my stroller from dmart and the stroller came 2 days later - UPS ground. I ordered a Colgate mattress from babyuniverse and it arrived within the week. I hope babycatalog is just as easy as the other purchases I have made.

rissella Guest

I highly recommend them. I have ordered twice, and got everything in good shape and one time. Their prices are really low. They don't have all the nice online stuff we got used to expect from an e-store, but nevertheless offer very good deals. Will order from them again.

farrah3 Guest

I order a Dutailer Glider from them on March 4, 2001 and it arrived on my doorstep March 20, 2001--No problems. They even experienced a terrible blizzard at their store during this time period and had to close for several days due to the terrible weather. They were wonderful and the glider is beautiful!!! They saved me hundreds of dollars, definitely worth buying from. However, they said that they would send a confirmation email of my order, and they never did. This didn't effect my shipment in any way, and I still received the item that I ordered in a very timely fashion.

mlentovich Guest

We have been very happy with them. We have bought four Britax roundabout seats, two prima pappa high chairs, as well as some lower priced items. They have the babyclub discount which I think cost $25 to join and saves you 10% for a year (or two if you mention you have twins!) They also have a bigger selection of fabric covers, etc. than I've seen anywhere else. They ship quickly, and offer free shipping on some items. Definitely a great site.

mskillian Guest

Baby Catalog is great and if you live near New Haven, CT their outlet is wonderful - the clearance center is only open on weekends. You shouldn't have any problem with them and if you do, call and ask to speak to Ethan and he will straighten out even the smallest problems. We have gotten 4 gliders, a complete nursery, PrimaPappa High Chair and Britax R/A Advantage seat there and saved significantly on each piece.

Big thumbs up on Baby Catalog!

Connie1222 Guest

I just ordered a Peg Perego Primo Viaggio system from them. I e-mailed first to find out availability and they responded within a couple of hours. I wish they had a tracking feature though. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Connie1222 Guest

Well, I have to say I LOVE BABY CATALOG! I e-mailed them Wednesday to ask about my order, they e-mailed back within a couple of hours and confirmed my order was shipped and provided me with a tracking #. Not only that, UPS standard shipping was supposed to be free with my order but they shipped it Fed Ex and I received it TODAY! It only took 3 days instead of 2 weeks, I am so happy!

jubywuby Guest

I posted this on the stroller board, but am happy to put it here too...

Baby Catalog was recently having a sale on the Peg Perego Tender Twin for about $315, compared to the $369 (or more) that everyone else charges.

I placed my order online on a Friday night, with the understanding from the web site's information that it would ship in 6 to 14 weeks. It arrived the following TUESDAY.

Not only have I not been able to find this stroller in stock at any store, most of the web sites have also said that it was out of stock and would take 14 weeks minimum to ship (something about Peg Perego being closed vacation for the month of August).

By the way, if it had been in stock at my local Babies R Us store, it would have cost me $369 plus tax, putting it in the $385+ range. I got it from Baby Catalog tax free and with free shipping.

Julie G.G., feeling very pleased with herself in Baltimore

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast