Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    beb Guest

Default Anyone shop etoys or babycenter lately?

Both sites are offering incredible markdowns right now, but I think Etoys is on the verge of bankruptcy. Also, isn't Babycenter a subsidiary of Etoys, and thus also in danger of going out of business? There's an item I want to order for my niece on Etoys, but I'm afraid I'll be stuck with a bill and no merchandise. Has anyone shopped here lately? Is it safe?

Chevalier Guest

Default RE: Anyone shop etoys or babycenter lately?

Yes, there are great sales there right now. Check edealfinder.com for coupons for even more savings. I ordered from Babycenter 1/16, products arrived 1/22.

Mammaluna Guest

I haven't shopped at E-toys lately because of their plight but I have shopped BabyCenter even though they are affiliated. I was a little nervous about shopping at BabyCenter so I thought I would call Customer Service first(see if they were answering phones)to check if the items I wanted were in stock. A customer service rep took my call immediately and verified stock so I took a chance. I ordered from them two weeks ago and received my items within a week of placing my order. I used the 20% off coupon featured on edealfinder.com and saved quite a bit considering most of the items are on sale.
    I was considering placing another order but am holding out until some items I'm interested in are reduced futher.
    Please post your experience with them if you place an order with them soon. I am curious if they are keeping up with the great customer service they have been offering all along. Too bad they may be going out of business.

wdouglas Guest

I placed an order with eToys and had no problems. My order arrived in two shipments a few days after I placed it. They are offering some incredible deals on toys!

teresajill Guest

I placed an order on January 23rd at e-toys. They shipped it on the 31st via USPS and it hasn't arrived yet. After I ordered, a screen popped up stating that they allowed themselves 15 business days to ship product. That is extremely slow compared to other online sites.

Mammaluna Guest

I too am interested in ordering from BabyCenter but am a little wary due to their current situation. I called customer service today (to find out if anyone was answering phones) and was told all orders are being shipped USPS third class which can take anywhere from 2-3 weeks for delivery. They are no longer using UPS(I guess the UPS bills haven't been paid). I can't decide if it's safe to order anything from them. I would hate to be charged for something and not receive it, with no recourse for me. Would anyone who has ordered from them recently post their experience? I'm sure there are many people interested.
    I'm sorry to see them go, they have been a wonderful company to deal with.

teresajill Guest

Default Update

Today is February 8th and I still haven't received my order.

I ordered a whole bunch of stuff on Feb 7th, to include a Peg Perego highchair (white leatherette at $143), some toys, a bouncer, and 10 diaper genie refills ($2.50 ea.).

I just received all the items today, Feb 12th, via regular mail. I was kinda surprised since I thought it would come UPS...but I can't stand UPS, so I was happy. I received an email on the 8th that the items had been shipped. I live in San Diego and their warehouse is in CA, so it was not exactly very far to travel.

BTW, both this order and my previous order about 2 weeks ago included a backordered item. Each time my credit card was NOT charged for the item. The most recent item finally was sent and then my card was charged. So, I do not think that they are working under a "babygear.com" philosophy. Though I still kept a close eye on my transactions.

Bottom line: I think it is safe to order from them. Don't forget to use the 20% off coupon on edealfinder to discount the items even further!
    Bridget
    Mom to
    DD 03/01
    DS 07/03
    DS 09/07
    DS 07/09

teresajill Guest

Default RE: Update

My stuff arrived too. I ordered it Jan 23rd and it arrived on the 10th. Everything looks fine, they just took a REALLY long time.

I ordered a stroller/car seat from babycenter on Jan 31st (Century SmartFit Plus travel system - $80 after all the discounts inc. shipping!!!!!) It arrived on the Feb 12th by US mail (poor mailman, the box was HUGE). I had called to check on it because it was taking so long and they told me they are running about 2 weeks on deliveries. They seem to be reliable, just SLOW.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast